mpNZB v1.4 (Updated 18-12-2009) (2 Viewers)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hiya,

Did a clean install of Disaster's SVN 22162 this evening on my desktop and then installed 0.91; connects to SABnzbd on server fine now.

Like the test connection feature now on the config; works well for me. I can now enter the plugin successfully in MP and view current queue and pause/resume.

Still need to go test on my HTPC now; but looks like the hanging in MP issue was probably issue at my end. Will confirm.

EDIT:

Think i located the issue (missed that I changed this when re-setting up last night.)

When I tick "save NZB's to categories" that is what causes it to hang inside MP and crash. If I untick again; works no problem. But this is only happening when there are no Newzbin login details entered in the configuration.

Will add to your issues on googlecode with steps to repeat if you wish.

Back to testing the rest of it. :)

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Excellent plugin! Great work MrTRiX!

I have the same issues that Sh4nn0w with MP crashing with that feature ticked.

- Couple of requests... do you have the plugin ID #... (so I can add it to Basic Home)?
    - Maybe this is what you were attempting with categories... but is there a way to setup 2 different instances... so that when downloading a movie it goes into one directory (that moving pictures can detect) and another directory for TV series (that MP TV series can detect)?

Thoughts?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well categories is for putting it into separate SABnzbd categories. So yes you could do it for that purpose as they are different folders. I have fixed the freezing issue and will be uploading a new version soon. Also added NZBIndex as a search option.

Turns out my function for listing the categories would call itself constantly. Now it works correctly.

Also the ID is "3847". Its in the skin file.

Update:

Next release will not have Binsearch but has added Newzbin to the searching list with NZBIndex. I may add it back in later but I am not happy with having to parse HTML. At the moment I support 4 Feed sites and 2 Search sites all using RSS so it is unlikely to not work in the future. I am going to keep this an RSS only project as long as I can.

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great idea for a plugin, tested the 0.91 late yesterday but had the crash due to the categories, will try new version later.

An idea for a new version: Maybe you could add an option to pause sabnzbd while watching movies (or better: hd content only) or even better: when watching hd content without hardware acceleration. This should prevent movies from stuttering while decoding in the background. :D

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Do you mean automatically when watching movies? Only you can pause from the GUI now. Would be a nice feature for those who are running SABnzbd on same PC as MediaPortal.

Less of an issue for me I guess as SABnzbd is on my server; not my HTPC.

You can set a schedule in SABnzbd; mine is set to only process queue between 00.00-09.00. (Less likely to be needing the bandwidth during these hours; plus my crappy ISP limits my speed down to 2Mbit outside of these hours anyway.)

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you MrTRiX. Looking forward to your next update.

Cheers!

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you mean automatically when watching movies? Only you can pause from the GUI now. Would be a nice feature for those who are running SABnzbd on same PC as MediaPortal.

Less of an issue for me I guess as SABnzbd is on my server; not my HTPC.

You can set a schedule in SABnzbd; mine is set to only process queue between 00.00-09.00. (Less likely to be needing the bandwidth during these hours; plus my crappy ISP limits my speed down to 2Mbit outside of these hours anyway.)

Yes, I have SABNZBd and MP running on the same system. Setting a schedule would mean to let the PC powered on during this time, which I'd like not to, because of economy. :)

EDIT: Just tested 0.92, works perfect. Thank you!

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good to hear 0.92 is working well. I will add your request to my list.

patient000

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Nottinghamshire
    Home Country
    Thanks for this I've just downloaded the 0.92 version and its working great. :D

As a feature request would it be possible to have more than 50 items. The TV section of Newzbin can have more than 50 items added quite quickly. A couple of extra control buttons on the left hand side one saying next 50 and the other saying previous 50 that would cycle forwards and backwards through all the items 50 at a time would be good.

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That's not really easy because my current code grabs from the RSS feeds and not the HTML. I am trying to stay away from HTML as it tends to change then I need to redo my code. RSS is much more accurate but with less results. I will try and find a way to change pages on the RSS feed, I have added Newzbin searching in my newer version which may also help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom