MPProntoPro (1 Viewer)

kip

August 13, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MPProntoPro (version 1.0)

Description
The MPProntoPro Server plug-in and accompanying ProntoScript module allows you to use a Pronto TSU9800 to browse through music files and select files to play. Basically turning the TSU9800 into a remote display, but only for (My) Music. It shows the current track playing, including album art (if exists). Music can be selected by either: directory, album, artist, genre or playlist. There is also an option to show the content of the current playlist that is playing.

To debug the MediaPortal plug-in I have created a Windows client as well, this client is not the neatest piece of programming but is pretty useful and it works. From the Windows client is was only a small step to create a Windows Mobile 6 client as well. Both the Windows client and the Mobile client are included in the package making this plug-in even useful for anyone without TSU9800. Note that the Mobile client was developed and tested on a HTC touch phone. It should work on any Windows Mobile 6 touch screen device, but I haven’t tested it. It is possible to use all clients concurrently.

View attachment MPProntoPro Suite.zip

Requirements
  • MediaPortal 1.0.2 (I haven’t tested the plug-in on any other build)
  • Pronto TSU9800 remote (should work on any other Pronto Pro, but the screen layout probably needs to be changed due to smaller screen). Client is created is tested using Pronto Edit Professional 2.3.17.0. Pronto is running firmware 7.1.21
  • A network connection between MediaPortal and the Pronto / client. Can either be Wi-Fi or cabled.
  • Windows Client: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista. And .Net Framework 3.5 or better.
  • Mobile Client: Windows Mobile 6 touch device, Compact Framework 2.0 or newer
Plug-in installation
Copy the MPProntoProServer.dll in the Plug-in/Process directory. The plug-in uses two TCP ports: 6906 and 6907. If required those ports can be changed easily using the MediaPortal Configuration utility.
Download the Pronto Pro client to the pronto. Do not forget to edit the Settings page and provide the correct MediaPortal IP address.

Client Settings
  • MediaPortal IP address: ip address of system running the PMProntoPro server plug-in
  • Message port: TCP port used to transfer small status messages between client en server
  • Data port; TCP port used to transfer lager chunks of data like album art and list box content
  • Max List box entries at once: the maximum number of list box entries that will be transferred in one go. If not all list box entries can be transferred at one, the client will automatically request the remaining ones if needed (except for the mobile client, here the Get More button needs to be used to retrieve additional entries).
  • Number of cache buffers: the maximum number of cache buffers the client uses to store list box content. Caches reduce the amount of traffic that needs to transferred between client and server, but consume memory.
  • Display Timeout (seconds): this setting is only available on the Pronto client and overrules the timeout set using system setup. The client will keep the Pronto active for the amount of seconds specified here.
  • Download album art. Downloading album art can take some time (especially when the art files are big). This setting can be used to enable or disable album art download.
Commercial use
This software and code may NOT be used commercially and may not be sold by any Pronto certified installer.

Bugs
Probably plenty that I’m not aware of now. The list below is known:
  • Server not always handles album art correctly. In some cases album art is not shown on the Clients even though it is shown within MediaPortal itself.
  • Browsing through history on clients needs to be improved
  • Caching on clients can be improved.
  • Windows Client screen refresh is slow
  • Mobile Client sometimes throws a socket exception after resuming from sleep mode.
  • Mobile Client: handling of special characters in filename. Files/directories containing reserved XML characters cannot be accessed.
Special thanks to :D:
  • Darick. Your InformationServer inspired me to create this set of tools.
  • Jon Welfringer for his Pronto Edit Professional IP hack. Making debugging IP based apps lots easier.
  • John Lagonikas for posting the Mobile Power class .
  • d-fader. Some of the problems with album art where solved by reusing GlobalSearch code.

Screenshots
Pronto Client: ProntoClient.jpg Mobile client: MobileClient.jpg
Windows Client: WindowsClient.jpg Plug-in: Server.jpg

Attachments

• 329401_MPProntoPro_Suite-reupload.zip
    863 KB
Last edited by a moderator:

mardup

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Toulouse
Home Country
France France
GreaaaaaaaaaaTTTTTTTTT !!!

Tested on HTC Cruise with Windows Mobile 6.1

Is there any chance that one day i can browse through VIDEO files and select files to play ?

Thanks

Mardup

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
One question before trying to install it:

Can this plugin be used in a Samsung Omnia? It's Windows Mobile 6.1, so I think that it will be possible, but I prefer to ask it.

Thanks for developing the plugin kip, I'm sure that you have done a really good job.

Regards,

Aitor

kip

August 13, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Aitor,

To be honest I don’t know for sure if the software runs a Omnia. Mardup confirmed it to be working on WM6.1. If it doesn’t work the client can easily be removed, either via setting or by just removing the .exe file using the File Explorer. Client only consist of 1 exe file called WindowsMobile6Client.

Reg,
Kip

Hi Mardup,

The reason for me to create this plug-in was not having to switch on the TV when using MediaPortal. Adding Video or TV capabilities therefore has a very low priority for now. Maybe in the far far future.
I will however see how (Internet) Radio can be integrated.

Reg,
Kip

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
great plugin! working well on my htc diamond!

just one question: would it be possible to use computername instead of ip for those users who have dhcp routers with changing ip?
and a second one: what about my radio last.fm integration? :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Big thanks!!

Really, really nice plugin!

Im in love with it

Long time waiting for something like this.

Before using MP I manage my Winamp with a similar soft in my PDA (Sony-ericson P800 and P900) via blue-tooth with great success. Sice I use MP 2 years a go I've been waiting loon time a go this plug in.

Big thanks again!

For me was great also to manage films, becaus if kids were doung to much noise with their films a Pause was always welcomed...hahaha

In mean time, I'm testing with Windows 6.5.1 (beta, not released yet from Xda-developers) in my HTC Touch Pro (VGA device).

I've found some minor things
    I manage my MP3-CDs-ISO collections trough Directories, after selecting the file-song if I go back to Now Playing tab (in PDA) the right hand "Playin", "Directory" "Album" and soo (from Music selection tab), remains in view. not allowing to control the Play, Next, Stop... buttons.

An aditional function to me could be the possibility to play a hole directory and select a full CD (I've all my CDs in directories, one for each one CD). Like one more button to Play All in selected directory without going inside it.

Showcast will be a really nice function.

The posibility to control other plug-ins in MP will be also really nice appreciated. The use of the PDA Keyboard to make searches in music DB also could be a good idea.

Bigger buttons (FingerFriendly) to scroll trough the music db also really nice appreciated in the future.

:D:D:D
    :D:eek:

Sorry for my poor english
    A

brumsel

March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Look great!

I was really looking for something like this, escpecially the Windows client. I have a HTPC with 7" touchscreen and indeed if I want to listen to music I don't want to turn on the tv.

Is your source code also available and in what language (C#)? I want to do more with my 7" touchscreen. Use it as an information display with possible remote control options. If your source code is available I could have a look at it myself and post it back again.

Thanks for your reply.

Frank

KingGuru

Portal Member
    February 4, 2009
    I was really looking for something like this, escpecially the Windows client. I have a HTPC with 7" touchscreen and indeed if I want to listen to music I don't want to turn on the tv.

Is your source code also available and in what language (C#)? I want to do more with my 7" touchscreen. Use it as an information display with possible remote control options. If your source code is available I could have a look at it myself and post it back again.

Thanks for your reply.

Frank

I'm listning here..
    I have a similar setup, and need something useful to do with my touchscreen

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for writing the Plugin. It fills a void on my system since I replaced MainLobby with MediaPortal/MusicLobby. I Have a touchscreen tablet in my kitchen that my wife uses to select music on a PC located in my HT room that's connected to an Onkyo stereo system using Zone2 to play music both outside and in the kitchen. The one feature we're still missing is the ability to send an IR signal to control the receiver but I'm sure there's some way to do it. With MusicLobby I had a script that set the receiver's input and controlled the volume. The other thing is a MP issue that the music player can't be set to play in the background while other MediaPortal features are used which means a box pretty much dedicated to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom