April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
MPSP

MediaPortal Skin
===================

Author: Trevor (DrowHunter) Jones

Description
===========
After a few months hiatus, I have decided to make a return with this psp based skin.
You will find a freshly animated home screen that feels much like the psp/ps3 interface.
I've also included batch files to allow for quick background color changes, you have many to choose from

Ive included letterboxed backgrounds(which i personally prefer) as Fullscreen is nice but doesnt look quite cinematic
on my vga projector. And most of my movies are widescreen anyway.

The interface has been tweaked to look excellent either way. Your choice.

just go into the skin folder after installation and run the appropriately named .bat file.
Also make sure you install the fonts as they add that sleek psp feel to the skin.

Instructions

1)Extract archive to temporary location

2)copy both ttf fonts to C:\Windows\Fonts Folder (assuming your windows drive is C)

3) extract mpsp.zip to Mediaportal\Skins Directory keeping paths
you should now see an mpsp folder under skins

4) Make sure that you configure mediaportal to start with the basic home screen
- run mediaportal setup, under [General/Skin]

To Change Backgrounds
======================

5) There are many different backgrounds for use with this skin. to switch between them I have included bat files in the
mpsp skin folder. double click on l-blueskin.bat to start mediaportal with the blue letterboxed skin

Note:

You can use a mouse if you want to, but it wont be pretty just slide the mouse across the page then click when your section is up.

You want to use a gamepad, remote, keyboard to use this skin as it works best and has the intended effects.

Download from My SIG below and Enjoy.

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This looks absolutely gorgeous. Is there any chance you'll update the MP360 skin to include animations now that it's possible to do them?

Mr.X

Portal Member
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
schweet!

This looks awsome. On behalf of everyone who doesn't have the skills to pull off something as nice as this....Thanks.Big time.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hey ! Man ! This is GREAT ! Just installed it and I LOVE IT ! It's very nice. Perhaps the font is not the best but the rest of the skin is incredible (the font is good for PSP style but look a bit heavy E.G in virtual keyboard). Very clean and nice PSP spirit. Thank you !

Here is the first bug list :
- The "switch view" dialog doesn't appear in "Videos", "Music"
- In last fm plugin the screen is buggy
- In News plugins some overlaps
- If I navigate very quickly from an items to another in Basic Home Screen some strange animations are played.

Thanks again, this looks very great and I see the amount of work. Crazy !

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks alot. I was actually thinking about updating my 360 skin now that animation is possible. Now that I am familiar with the animation engine. ..but I'm soooooo lazy these days...hehe

I had to do some trickery to get the icons to scroll like that as what I did to get the effect isn't *OFFICIALY* possible. So until it is...you'll just have reserve the urge to scroll as fast as possible. (I like to go slow so I can see the beautiful animation anyway....makes me go ooooh..ahhh.. (sometimes i just scroll it back and forth for the hell of it...hehe

I will get to the overlaps and other fixe on the minor pages in an upcoming release. I tried to get the major pages such as video and tv and others..as bugfree as I could first..since I dont really use some of the other plugins they were kind of put on the back burner.....

Glad y'all are enjoying it. I know i am.

P.S. Im not actually a sony fanboy. Just like the interface..XBOX 4 LIF3!..

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
When pushing "back" in "My Videos" the plugin doesn't go back to home menu

Edit : That's not always true, I think it was because I entered the My Videos from the Home Menu instead of the Basic Home Menu.

Edit : Couldn't reproduce :(

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
When pushing the "Record" button when watching TV there is a big black box displaying I think this is not intended. :)

In "Scheduled" TV recordings I cannot bring the contextual menu up.

From the logs :

2007-01-15 11:50:16.640625 [ERROR][MPMain]: exception loading window C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\mpsp\DialogMenu.xml err:The 'control' start tag on line 6 does not match the end tag of 'controls'. Line 61, position 7.

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    hi drowhunter - WOW, this is excactly what i also wanted to create a few days ago when a friend of mine showed me a PSP...

you should have a look on the "multitexture" feature, i think you can get the background-animation working with that.

regards

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Excelent skin. Very, very good job. Works well on big and small screens. One request, can the Uitzendinggemist plugin get supported?

I love the skin and would prefer to use the black background. But I'm using the gray one now (which is cool!) because selections are very unclear with the black one. When browsing music or video's it's hard to see what is selected.

edit: I've found a bug. there is no button stating "Record" in the detailed view of the EPG.

1168870683_mspsp_1.jpg

Also "Geavanceerde opname" (advanced recording?) does nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom