MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin (2 Viewers)

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
April 6, 2011
largest town - Middle of Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi - this may be a nooby question also :rolleyes:

My goal is to ease the use for my wife and get MP to automaticly switch to MY TV and switch TV on after reboot/sleep.

> Installed the plugin under C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
> Opened and tried to config the plugin via MP setup. MPstartit is asking for plugin ID

All good so far
But what is the ID for My TV - Alternatively where can I find MY TV plugin ID?

Have searhed for the plugin.xml file but not found it, not in program files | program data | Mp | Tv server folders...

Currently using MP 1.1.2

No logfiles attatched as this is not a bug...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Unfortunately not yet.
    I am no c# dev and do not even have VS installed anymore. I only installed it (on my previous laptop) for this.

I have attached the source code to 1st post. If anyone can help with a 1.2 beta compatible version, it will be much appreciated.
    If demand is high and no one is willing to help, I will try and get the latest VS and install it again. It will take a loooong while to download VS though - very slow internet. That is main reason I plea for help.

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thx both :)
    I have not been able to get 1.2.o beta work yet due to graphbuilding problems with my tuners - but looking forward to a 1.2.0 beta version.
    VS is that Visual Studio? I have only an old 2005 express version installed, and not for C# - only VB.
    So I dont dare to try on this myself.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Updated for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Also changed the plugin to present a list of valid GUI plugins to select from rather than entering the plugin ID directly.

Attachments

• MPStartIt v0.0.2.zip
      7 KB
    • MPStartIt source v0.0.2.zip
      79.5 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Brilliant!
    :D

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Excellent - will try it out later today :)
    :D

BTW:
    When playing around with the first version I activated and reactivated the plugin several times to test functionality.

What I noticed was that regardless of activating or deactivating the plugin in MP setup, the added xml lines was always present. So for users trying out the filter it is necessary to manually edit the xml file to remove the filter - Its not enough to deactivate it in MP setup.

A suggestion:
    Is it possible to remove the lines in the xml file when deactivating the filter.
    I know how to fix it manually, but it might save you som 'false' bug alerts from other users :)

Thx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom