MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin (2 Viewers)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks for that, not sure if cheezey want to continue developing or if he just helped with the 1.2 beta compatibility. Let's hear from him.

BUT, as mentioned in 1st post, the plugin just use existing MediaPortal functionality to start with the last active module. If you deactivate the plugin, you should just uncheck the "start with the last active module"-option in MP Configuration as well. No need to edit the xml file yourself.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm happy to go on maintaining this.

@ogir_xx - I'll check on your suggestion - I don't know if disabling the plugin actually fires any plugin code so this may not be possible.

One thing did occur to me - the changes I made to display a selectable plugin list actually reduces flexibility from v0.0.1 as it does not allow other plugin pages to be selected. For example if i select 'TV' plugin, then I should be able to select Live TV, TV Guide, TV Recordings, TV Schedules etc. etc. At the moment it would launch the Live TV page. I'll think on this too.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Updated to allow selection of various TV & Radio screens.

I couldn't find a way to negate the settings when the plugin is disabled, that'll have to be a manual process which can be documented in the wiki.

I've also wrapped it in an MPE installer, download v0.0.3 here (it should appear in MPEI updates in due course).

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin

Hello,

is it possible to add an option to start the plugin after resume from standby/hibernate?

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    largest town - Middle of Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    :D cheezey

Off: topic
    How labour intensive would it be to make a plugin that triggers two different scripts when record state changes?

A listener that triggers a specific batch script when recording is turned on and another batch script when recording is turned off.
    The two batch scripts should be possible for the user to choose with a common file dialogue box in GUI.

My aim is to try to get a recording led to be controllable through a com/ser port interface via the two batch scripts.
    (Have found the 'Leddsdriver' - but it do not offer this functionality for MP though.)

What you think? A huge task or easy?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

How labour intensive would it be to make a plugin that triggers two different scripts when record state changes?

A listener that triggers a specific batch script when recording is turned on and another batch script when recording is turned off.
    The two batch scripts should be possible for the user to choose with a common file dialogue box in GUI.

My aim is to try to get a recording led to be controllable through a com/ser port interface via the two batch scripts.
    (Have found the 'Leddsdriver' - but it do not offer this functionality for MP though.)

That's fairly easy, in fact the built in comskip TV Server plugin would do 50% of this already, you can configure it to run on recording start or finish - but not both.

Have a look at the source code for that plugin.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    AW: Re: MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin

You know this??: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...your-leds-htpcmonitor-keep-eye-your-pc-44948/ :eek:

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    largest town - Middle of Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: AW: Re: MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin

Thanks - havent found this before. Seems to do the trick... will try it out.

That's fairly easy, in fact the built in comskip TV Server plugin would do 50% of this already, you can configure it to run on recording start or finish - but not both.

Have a look at the source code for that plugin.

Will try the suggested LEDCONTROLLER plugin before looking into the COMSCIP code.
    Have only a basic course in VB so it might be `over my head`

But thanks for the link to the code anyway.
    This forum is so big that, direct links is very helpful!

This is off topic, so will start a new thread if I decide to try coding a new plugin.

thx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom