MPsteam (Starting "Valve Steam" in Big Picture mode) (2 Viewers)

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok 1.3.0Beta with titan should be working now.i did not manage to set up a testing machine on virtualBox with a working mediaportal. But the installation was successfull and i could install the plugin without any dependencies problems,too.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    Steam Big Picture is really nice for a HTPC.
    I have some suggestions for your plugin:
    - Possibility to execute a *.exe or *.bat before starting steam.
    - Possibility to execute a *.exe or *.bat after returning from steam.
    - Possibility to shutdown steam completely and automatically after returning from steam (steam.exe -shutdown).
    - Possibility to create a game list which can be launched directly (steam.exe -applaunch %id %c).

Useful link for command line options:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options

Thanks for your work!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is very cool! I was search on how to add this to MP and found this thread. Everything works perfectly except when I go to close BP the normal Steam window comes up and then this screen. When clicking "ok" on trying to start Steam I can't do anything else so I have to close MP. Any ideas? Btw thanks so much for working on this man!

*Edit* I forgot to mention, I'm running 1.3 beta and Titan skin.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      121.2 KB
    Last edited:

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Thank for this mate! I have been waiting for someone to give this a go!
    Would be good if Steam completely quit when returning to MP as I get the Steam screen on top and have too grab the mouse to get rid of it.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    No one else having my problem? Maybe it's related to Titan? I don't know :( I would like to exit BP back to MP without any issues. Thanks again!

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can change the settings in steam to start in "Big Picture" mode so when you close big picture so does steam (at the moment I'm left with steam still open with focus) There must be a settings folder for steam to change this via mp config. Also maybe alter the big picture css file if possible to suit the skin being used (well background anyway). Just some thoughts.[DOUBLEPOST=1356257478][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No one else having my problem? Maybe it's related to Titan? I don't know :( I would like to exit BP back to MP without any issues. Thanks again!

In steam settings tick start in big picture mode, Now when you exit, steam is closed and MP is back in focus.[DOUBLEPOST=1356257539][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would be good if Steam completely quit when returning to MP as I get the Steam screen on top and have too grab the mouse to get rid of it.

same as above

Last edited:

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Guys,
    back from holidays with some more kilos on the hips :)

This is very cool! I was search on how to add this to MP and found this thread. Everything works perfectly except when I go to close BP the normal Steam window comes up and then this screen. When clicking "ok" on trying to start Steam I can't do anything else so I have to close MP. Any ideas? Btw thanks so much for working on this man!

The "Trying to start steam"-PopUp is just a notifaction. In the next build it will disapear after Steam is launched.
    The windows focus handling will be improved with future releases. Im working with a multimonitor enviroment. I didnt notice the problem there.

You can also try to link MP in Steam. So instead of exiting steam just bring MP in focus by starting it from steam. Dont know if this works but should be worth a try.

Hi,
    Steam Big Picture is really nice for a HTPC.
    I have some suggestions for your plugin:
    - Possibility to execute a *.exe or *.bat before starting steam.
    - Possibility to execute a *.exe or *.bat after returning from steam.
    - Possibility to shutdown steam completely and automatically after returning from steam (steam.exe -shutdown).
    - Possibility to create a game list which can be launched directly (steam.exe -applaunch %id %c).

Useful link for command line options:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options

Thanks for your work!
    I put this on the todo list. Thx for the suggestions!

I have some work todo the next days, so next release will be in about 1-2 weeks. I think the next release will be the first beta and i try to release it over the Extensions Installer.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Hey Guys,
    back from holidays with some more kilos on the hips :)

The "Trying to start steam"-PopUp is just a notifaction. In the next build it will disapear after Steam is launched.
    The windows focus handling will be improved with future releases. Im working with a multimonitor enviroment. I didnt notice the problem there.

You can also try to link MP in Steam. So instead of exiting steam just bring MP in focus by starting it from steam. Dont know if this works but should be worth a try.
    I played with it some more and it does launch perfectly. After exiting Steam I just press the green button on my remote to bring MP back to focus. It works for the time being :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom