MPtagthat has encountered a problem and needs to close (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, fixed it. New version here.

Whatever was used to tag this file originally did a lot of mess.
    Seems some tagger that makes use of MusicBrainz was used, as well as WMP.

Look into the "User Defined Frames" Tab in the details of those files who was failing.
    You'd probably should clean them all.

Just let me know, if it works for you know and the changes will be included in the next version.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks alot. Will try it tomorrow.
    I think the culprit is me, used Musicbrains before MPTagthat, I guess I messed up something.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I see what you mean. Allot of gibberish form Musicbrainz in the user defined frames.
    Problem now is that I can't always remove those frames. I try to remove them, press apply and a "!" appears in front of the file.
    When I save the changes by going to another folder (haven't found an other way for that) and go back to the folder where I made the changes some of the changes aren't made. A couple of mp3 where persistent for 5 times and then it changed and some of them still won't after 8 times.
    Another thing is that not all mp3's are showing up in a folder (most of them disappeared after changing the user defined frame).

I have a main folder "music" still with a couple of mp3's in it (50 or so) and only 5 show up. All the other mp3s are in subfolders of this music folder. If I think "scan subfolders" nothing happens.

I like the program but it doesn't seems to like me or my pc's. New log attached.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, interesting.
    You should be able to delete all the User Defined frames. And, when you save the file, it should be clean.
    Worked at least with the 10cc file you uploaded for me.

From the log i can see that i was processing a lot of files and 4 of them caused an exception.
    You should set the debug level to Trace, then we will see the filename, which caused the exception.
    I need to have a look at them again please

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, fixed it. New version here.

Another messy frame found in AC/DC.
    Should work fine now.
    If you still see a crash in the log, just upload the file and you'll get a fix, but now i am confident, that it'll work.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Program works, thanks for all your help. It still wont always remove those pesky User defined frames, but hey: who sees them anyway.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It should remove all of them, if you select them and "remove them" one by one.
    I will include now a button to do a "Remove All" User defined frames and also add an option, where i am automatically removing User defined frames when saving a file.

If you want me to have a look into one of the files, which makes troubles, just provide me with another upload.
    Otherwise, thanks for providing me feedback, which helped to make the product more stable.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A "remove all User defined frames" button would be great.

I've uploaded 2 mp3's in which the User defined frames won't delete. Also made a screen capture video of it happening (maybe it could help): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Before the video I've set the debug level to Trace, but somehow it didn't log at Trace level. Maybe I forgot to save when editing to config file.
    Tried it again with Trace level. Tried to reproduce what I did in the video as close as possible. Logs with trace attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom