MPTouch - Mediaportal TouchScreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

MPTouch MainScreen Buttons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

first of I i dont have a touch screen so i havent had a chance to try your plugin.

From what i would think your plugin allows users to run a video in fullscreen on the main TV while still navigating the media portal menus on the tocuh screen, without affecting the video on the main screen?

is this correct? if so would you be willing to share your source code and im trying to write a plugin that will users to run media portal in a sort of party mode where the music and video will play on the main screen with users being able to que up songs on the second without affecting the first screen

if this is not how your plugin works, do you know of any way to do this or did you have plans to implement this?

cheers

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Sa,

Just installed the latest version of this great plugin!
    As I can determine for now its working beter then the release before ;-).

Allthough I found some things that may need some attention, let me try to explain:
    => When scrolling thru "HOME", the image of TV and Radio are displaying correctly (on the touchscreen). But selecting other menu items it is always showing "Hoverdefault"? (BTW I'm using Fidelity as a default skin)
    => Sometimes W7 gives the message that MP stopped working ;-(, I've attached 2 error-files
    => When playing around, I noticed the following: when I returned back to TV, all underlaying menu entry's where listed double. In the Music screen even three to four times. Moving with my keypad knobs on the case corrected the menu entry's.
    => The cover art are displayed correctly under the "Navigation Screen", but when selecting "Now Playing" its shows a different one. Here also playing with the "up" and "down" knobs on the case corrected the issue.
    => On the "context" window the text "CLOSE", the "E" is on the second line ;-) (screen settings are 1024)
    => Wheather isn't working with me, I think its a combination with the other images.....please give me some pointers to investigate.

I'll try more and report things when I notice them...

Feature request, if possible: is it possible to change the background colour?
    I like black, is a great match with Fidelity ;-).

Please see for more info the error files and my system specs.

Again, great plugin pleaaaase continue!

John

I'll download Fidelity and have a look.
    Thanks for logs I can see the prob and will fix ASAP
    everything else should be sorted buy next version Then I'll start on the skin options so you can make it look how you want :):)

Cheers Sa

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009
    Hi sa_ddam213,

0.0.1.3 is again much more better than the versions before, you're doing a great job :D
    It was a good decision to hold the dialogs to the absolute minimum and remove it for tv and video.

I had a plugin freeze while playing around with the touchscreen buttons, but again no log :oops: Will see, if I can reproduce it in debug mode.

I'm running RC3 now (since yesterday) with Black Glass Nova.

Cheers
    Neelex

Hi,

first of I i dont have a touch screen so i havent had a chance to try your plugin.

From what i would think your plugin allows users to run a video in fullscreen on the main TV while still navigating the media portal menus on the tocuh screen, without affecting the video on the main screen?

is this correct? if so would you be willing to share your source code and im trying to write a plugin that will users to run media portal in a sort of party mode where the music and video will play on the main screen with users being able to que up songs on the second without affecting the first screen

if this is not how your plugin works, do you know of any way to do this or did you have plans to implement this?

cheers
    Hi Kyleh,

there are 2 main ideas for the plugin

- control media portal with touchscreen
    - control mediaportal on a smaller display without the need to power on the big tv.

So the main display depends on what you do on the small (touch)screen and same in the other direction. There's no need to have a touchscreen. You can try, if there are 2 displays attached to your machine. I'm using the small display mainly to hear music without powering one the big display (using a remote control to or the touch buttons to control MP).

I do not really know if MP and/or the plugin would be capable to provide 2 completely different process, maybe sa_ddam213 can say more about....

Regards,
    Neelex

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

Need Input about Virtual keyboard , In my personal version i am removing the keyboard and replacing with a Virtual Remote (as we lose the remote often :D) ,But I'll wait for your input before I remove from the plugin Version.

I have started on skin options and I'm not sure how far i should go on this :

1. Full skin support eg: control positions and images and text(language) (this will take a long time)
    2. Medium skin support eg: Images and Text(language) (fairly easy to do and less potential problems)
    3. No skin support eg: My 5min photoshop effort is so amazing nothing needs to be changed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also will need language translation help for the skin file if your able to help PM me and ill send you a file to translate soon:)

As far as i can see the plugin is pretty much there now ,Just a few things to add like Screen dimmer and screen selector the next 2 versions should sort that out then the skin versions will start to come out :)

Thanks to everyone for the help along this plugin development without so many testers and logs this would still be where Imon is ,lol:D:D:D:D

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

1. Full skin support eg: control positions and images and text(language) (this will take a long time)
    2. Medium skin support eg: Images and Text(language) (fairly easy to do and less potential problems)
    3. No skin support eg: My 5min photoshop effort is so amazing nothing needs to be changed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would stay on option 2
    Here are the reasons
    1. You keep control on the general look and feel. Not that bad for trouble shooting and debugging
    2. The "how it works" remain identical except for color/fonts/language
    3. You should have specific reason to organize your screen like it is. The skinner may not follow them if object are movable
    4. Skinner have less to do -> it will be easier for them, you should receive better support from them (not sure as I'm not skinner myself)

I'm still available for a French translation ;-)

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi JC,

Whats your view on the keyboard , How often would you use it compared to a Virtual remote?

I'm really not happy with the keyboard even tho it took a long time to write but due to the limits in MP's virtual keyboard it makes it kinda useless in my eyes

Any thoughts?

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    As you ask me personally, here is my feeling. :)
    I would use Virtual remote more often.
    Also, virtual keyboard has a major problem. It is not localized. If a virtual keyboard is needed, you may use the Microsoft Virtual Keyboard (that follows the regional settings).

Anyway, you are the boss :)
    Please, continue this highly appreciated work!

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys,

Need Input about Virtual keyboard , In my personal version i am removing the keyboard and replacing with a Virtual Remote (as we lose the remote often :D) ,But I'll wait for your input before I remove from the plugin Version.

Also will need language translation help for the skin file if your able to help PM me and ill send you a file to translate soon:)

As far as i can see the plugin is pretty much there now ,Just a few things to add like Screen dimmer and screen selector the next 2 versions should sort that out then the skin versions will start to come out :)

Thanks to everyone for the help along this plugin development without so many testers and logs this would still be where Imon is ,lol:D:D:D:D

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Hi Sa,

Hereby some feedback (from the Netherlands :D)

My vote is also on 2 for the skinning option:
    * Full support will maybe introduce a lot of instability and maintenance (but this is a guess from a person which isn't a programmer ;-) )
    * Medium, I think is preferable. Till now I'm tailoring the Images and the background color, Fonts etc are fine by me. So if Medium will give those options it should be fine.
    In my homble opinion, MPT does only have to look a little on the main-skin it doesn't has to be a full extension.

Virtual keyboard vs Virtual remote:
    * Till now, I'm using MP for 2 years. I never used the KB option. Virtual remote seems to be more efficient. My vote is for virtual remote.

Translating:
    I'm in for Dutch and English ;-) I'll PM you.

Again: this is a great plugin!

John

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Hi, I just downloaded and installed the latest version of this plugin and it works excellent!

I'm using a Samsung SPF-105P photo frame as a secondary screen (over USB, no touch screen). I'm using MediaPortal on a dedicated mediacenter + TV and it's been a long time wish of me not to have the TV display on all the time when listening to music. This plugin is doing that for me! EXCELLENT!

I can recommend anyone with digital picture frame to use it with MP and this plugin!, Just the "Now Playing" part is excellent. (Actually, it's all I've seen of it so far)

Some issues and ideas:

My system: Windows 7 x64, Samsung LDC TV, MP 1.1.0 RC3, Samsung SPF-105P photo frame.

- The picture frame has a somewhat odd resolution: 1024 x 600 (15:9)... This means that currently I have skin problems, but I know this is on your todolist already

- I had a consistent exception during startup. Everything seemed to work, except that this error dialog would not go away from the middle of the screen. It has something to do with not being able to link the screen or something. (The error was translated to Dutch by someone who didn't have a clue what he was translating)

- When the MP Touch plugin is enabled, I can't quit MP. Alt+F4 does not work. I can't even get the task manager to show

- I have a *feeling* that sound is just a bit out of sync. I just had this tought, but since it has been mentioned before on this forum I felt I needed to report it.

- I'm using my mediacenter with a remote. Would it somehow possible to use the features of MP Touch using a physical remote (or keyboard shortcuts?). Currently, I've only seen the "Now Playing" window, since I don't have a clue how to switch. I could try my mouse, but normally it's not plugged in.

- Could the secondary screen be blanked as soon as the system goes into standby/sleep? I'm not sure if this is an MP issue, Windows issue or Samsung issue, but as soon as the system goes into standby, the picture frame freezes its last known image.

That's all I could think of right now... I voted max for this plugin on the download page! Keep up the good work!

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, no more crash with the TV (VERSION 0.0.1.3) but some stuttering of the picture. I try to slow down the process and it's work. So I think that it should be nice to have a "process priority" choice in the configuration. Someone agree ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom