MPTray doesn't seem to want to launch MePo (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, since upgrading to MP1.6 I can't get MePo to launch with the Green button. I'm not sure if I did something bad by installing an extension in the extension manager relating to tray launcher..

It is enabled in the config screen to launch with the green button and in my system tray I see 'MediaPortal Tray Launcher 0.3' but the green button does nothing.

For info, I am using an official MS receiver and also tried with an official remote too.

EDIT: It looks like the extension I installed was Mediaportal Tray Launcher 0.3. I assume that took over from the default tool in MePo. I unstalled that extension and rebooted, but the service is still there and running :/ How do I properly remove it and go back to the MePo default? There is no program entry in control panel for this tray app.. Thanks

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi, since upgrading to MP1.6 I can't get MePo to launch with the Green button. I'm not sure if I did something bad by installing an extension in the extension manager relating to tray launcher..

It is enabled in the config screen to launch with the green button and in my system tray I see 'MediaPortal Tray Launcher 0.3' but the green button does nothing.

For info, I am using an official MS receiver and also tried with an official remote too.

EDIT: It looks like the extension I installed was Mediaportal Tray Launcher 0.3. I assume that took over from the default tool in MePo. I unstalled that extension and rebooted, but the service is still there and running :/ How do I properly remove it and go back to the MePo default? There is no program entry in control panel for this tray app.. Thanks

I'd like to know this answer anyone - using a VRC 1100 clone

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall MePo to get the built in tray launcher back. Think I'll make a point to remember not to install that extension again!!

Btw there is a thread for tray launcher extension but not one replied so not sure if it will help you out posting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom