MPTVSeries - Crashing Since MP 1.7.1 (1 Viewer)

jpichie

Portal Pro
May 12, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello All:
I recently upgraded from MP 1.7.0 to 1.7.1
and it seems that since then, my MPTVSeries will not work correctly.
It will load up the DB, but it will not import any new shows.

I have done an uninstall, and reinstall of the latest version of MPTVSeries

The log does not show anything, as it looks like it crashes before it can even do that (windows application crash)

Any help would be appreciated for this, thanks.

jpichie

Portal Pro
May 12, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
No on has any ideas on what to remove/delete/reinstall?
I know you normally need logs, but as I stated above, it doesn't even get that far.
only started happening since upgrade to 1.7.1

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hard to say what is causing your problem without logs. If I was having this problem I'd try the following.

1. Use MePo config to disable the TV Series and Trakt plugins, try running MePo and watching a few programs you plan to import into TV Series. This is just a sanity check that MePo 1.7.1 and your shows work.

2. The TV Series database can get problems. Close MePo and TV Series Config, cd to the database folder, rename the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file to keep it around. Then use TV Series Config to import your shows to build a new TV Series database. Reenable TV Series and see if MePo still works. Then reenable Trakt (assuming you use it).

My Win 8 (and 7) systems have the database in the following folder
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database

There is also a MePo TV Series forum, you might ask for help there
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/my-tvseries.162/

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @RonD
    MePo and my mptvseries shows will load fine, and I could play them no problems.
    it looks like the issue is just with the importer.

It will not automatically import new shows anymore, and when I manually try to open the importer, it crashes immediately, without any logging.
    I even tried with a new mptvseries.db3 and the same issue was there.

EDIT - I looked under "C:\Program Files(x86)\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal\MP-TVSeries\Configuration" and noticed there is a .net30 and .net40 folder
    the mptv-config under .net40 works, the one under .net30 crashes (this is the one it uses by default).
    long story short, I copied the .net40 .exe to the location of the shortcut (which was %mepo%\Mediaportal\ ) and now it looks like it is working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom