MPTVSeries Ignoring Unmatched Episodes (1 Viewer)

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
April 29, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Often when I do an import, a few series don't match up correctly. This is usually due to a mismatch between scene and TVDB naming conventions or because the episode hasn't been added to the TVDB. The problem is that I still want to see these episodes inside MediaPortal even if MPTVSeries can't grab all the metadata.

Anytime the importer can't match an episode automatically (as shown below), that corresponding episode WILL NOT be displayed within MediaPortal. The only way I can get them to display is to manually match them up. I don't want to always go in and manually fix these, especially with episodes that don't even HAVE a match in the TVDB. Can't MPTVSeries just display the filename or something inside MediaPortal?

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks!
2016-02-09.png

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think there's a option for this in "Online Data" or "General" tab...
    But I will recommend you to follow the TheTVDB data for soother import.
    (There is renaming tools you could use to get a more automatic flow if there is a difference between the scene and TheTVDB)

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    What renaming tools would you recommend? Anything that can match up airdates and rename by SxxExx?

Thanks! Under the 'Online Data' tab, I made the following adjustments to fix this issue:
    Capture.JPG

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Had the same sort of issue with a program, download is S13E01 etc, then is 1913E01 eg year then episode, not only that there was a special which was E00 but in then is E01. So I have to not only change the series # after getting it but also increment the episode by one before getting it.

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Sounds like the same types of things that I'm dealing with. The scene will call something e.g. Swamp.People.S07E01, and I have to find some way of getting that renamed to Swamp.People.S06E21 (in reality this specific example has been fixed on TVDB's end, but you get the idea), or something like The.Price.Is.Right.2016-02-09 needing renamed to The.Price.Is.Right.S44E94.

If you find a solution that works for these types of issues, please be kind enough to post back here, and I'll do the same.

Thanks for the reply!

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will do, I haven't looked yet as its only one show at the moment so doing it manually. If it gets to complicated then I will look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom