MPW Wake Up NAT settings (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
Country flag
Hi,

I'm looking to use the online mpw wake up by Maschine. I've read the doco and it says that it is possible to use the online wake up through a NAT firewall/router with the appropriate port forwarding configured.

Does anyone know just off hand what the necessary port(s) that need to be forwarded are ?

I can setup the offline version, and use ethereal to sniff it, but if anyone has already done it, no point in reinventing the wheel :)

Thanks.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Hmm, as you say this now I see that I indeed did not describe this in the docs... Reason is that my Router can't be used for this feature as it doesn't support this broadcast thing so I couldn't test... There were several people crying "Give us WOL" but when I asked for volunteers to test some things like this which I couldn't there was 0 reply.

The bed calls now so I'll look in this tomorrow. The magic packet to wake up the HTPC is sent on UDP port 9. Maybe this helps you already, otherwise an more exact answer tomorrow ;-)

Maschine

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Country flag
    thanks for the reply.

I did a bit of a dig and found that WOL is typically implemented with UDP port 9 or UDP port 32767.

I have configured my router (a Linksys wrt54G running alchemy firmware) to forward both ports to the broadcast address (192.168.1.255) and no go.

I'll setup ethereal on my network to sniff the packets. If I run wol.exe locally from one of my other machines there is no problem, however the wol from your website just doesn't want to wake it up.

I'll let you know how I get along with the packet sniffer.

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    also you need to forward those ports in your router to your computer IP address hosting MPW otherwise it will still not work.

AS

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi guys, While I encountered the very same problem as @Fesnor last night, after successfully tuning the DVB-T2 channels I then tuned the DVB-S2 channels and at some point after doing some organising of the channels I encountered the issue. I was, however able to resolve it by simply repairing the install, that is re-running the...
    Hi guys, While I encountered the very same problem as @Fesnor last night, after successfully tuning the DVB-T2 channels I then...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Hi guys, This actually applies to all MP2 attempts at installation. As the topic says...
    Replies
    Views
    MPTVScheduler can run on Android TV too but not as nice as kodi of course.
    MPTVScheduler can run on Android TV too but not as nice as kodi of course.
    Getting right to the point. Is MP2 going to work with an HDHomerun Extend? I have MP1 installed on my laptop and EPG Buddy to grab...
    Replies
    Views
    I think you better deactivate the home screen in settings and then everything else is the "Home Screen" that you are looking for. The top menu shows the groups and you see the menu tiles in the bottom. But you can also freely scroll through the menu tiles without using the group menu. just try pressing only right or left. Why is this...
    I think you better deactivate the home screen in settings and then everything else is the "Home Screen" that you are looking for...
    Was really looking forward to getting MP2 up and running, so bought a small i5 quad-core PC, loaded Windows 7, upgraded to Windows...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
    Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
    Replies
    Views
    I have the same router, and it works for me.
    I have the same router, and it works for me.
    I've just finished setting up ampdroid/webMP on my galaxy s2 and laptop clients so that I can access my media and tv server...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom