[solved] MTS files freeze on last frame (1 Viewer)

Rustyapron

Portal Member
June 24, 2015
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, I am having an issue with playing .mts videos in MP1.20. I'm playing these from within the Pictures mode, I select the first file, it plays OK but the video freezes on the very last frame. MP then moves to the next .mts in the sequence and starts it, but all I get is the sound, the previous stuck frame remains on the screen. There seems to be no way to get the computer out of this mode except by pressing the reset button. By the way .mts files play perfectly in VLC. Can you please help as I'm getting grief from my wife about it :(

Post Submission Note: I'm not sure how to withdraw this post if that's possible. I've fixed my problem. I changed the H264 default codec from LAV to the Microsoft one all is working now. Not blaming the LAV codec though, the .mts files are from a camera and they may not be completely according to the standards.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Post Submission Note: I'm not sure how to withdraw this post if that's possible. I've fixed my problem.

No problem - it's better that the post stays, someone else might have the same problem in the future. I've changed the thread prefix to [solved] :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not blaming the LAV codec though,
    I suggest that you bring this to the attention of the LAV developer. He will need a description of the issue and a (short) mts file to reproduce the effect. He usually fixed such things very quickly.

If you don't know how to do that, you may also provide a link to said mts file (PM to me) and I will do the bug report for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I understand. Unfortunately I've stayed at 1.11 for the longest time because every time I attempt to upgrade further, something in my setup no longer works. I just did the upgrade to 1.23 and my Microsoft RC6 remote loses some of the custom button configuration I had it programmed for. I downgraded back to 1.11, but before I did I...
    I understand. Unfortunately I've stayed at 1.11 for the longest time because every time I attempt to upgrade further, something in...
    Hey everyone - so I've had this problem for a while, but haven't asked about it. I'm running Mediaportal 1.11 on Windows 7. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't really expect a different result but worth a try. EDIT: I vaguely remember a problem with the dynamic refresh rate changer. Can you try to temporarily deactivate and try again? The other thing is the...
    Strange. The logs show no error and things should be alright. Have you tried another skin/theme instead WMC, e.g. Win10? I don't...
    Hi team - I know that my profile says I joined in 2008, but I never actually got things set up then. MP1 felt very "raw" at the...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with subtitles DE
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible). Current video codecs are: - LAV Video for all formats (except HVEC using Lentoid), with DXVA native decoding - LAV Splitter Source - LAV Audio - MPAR as audio renderer - EVR as video renderer (not enough...
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible)...
    Hi guys, I've a few issues with subtitles and I'd like to have a few suggestions on how to set up things properly (if possible)...
    Replies
    Views
    hm. I have put back both the settings for refresh rate changer, and the prefer multi channel audio streams, but the problem has not come back. very odd. at least it's working though!
    hm. I have put back both the settings for refresh rate changer, and the prefer multi channel audio streams, but the problem has not...
    Update: more info added here LAV audio over HDMI not working until I pause then continue a video Hi I've just built a new HTPC...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom