[solved] MTS files freeze on last frame (1 Viewer)

Rustyapron

Portal Member
June 24, 2015
Melbourne
Australia Australia
Hi, I am having an issue with playing .mts videos in MP1.20. I'm playing these from within the Pictures mode, I select the first file, it plays OK but the video freezes on the very last frame. MP then moves to the next .mts in the sequence and starts it, but all I get is the sound, the previous stuck frame remains on the screen. There seems to be no way to get the computer out of this mode except by pressing the reset button. By the way .mts files play perfectly in VLC. Can you please help as I'm getting grief from my wife about it :(

Post Submission Note: I'm not sure how to withdraw this post if that's possible. I've fixed my problem. I changed the H264 default codec from LAV to the Microsoft one all is working now. Not blaming the LAV codec though, the .mts files are from a camera and they may not be completely according to the standards.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Post Submission Note: I'm not sure how to withdraw this post if that's possible. I've fixed my problem.
    No problem - it's better that the post stays, someone else might have the same problem in the future. I've changed the thread prefix to [solved] :)

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Not blaming the LAV codec though,
    I suggest that you bring this to the attention of the LAV developer. He will need a description of the issue and a (short) mts file to reproduce the effect. He usually fixed such things very quickly.

If you don't know how to do that, you may also provide a link to said mts file (PM to me) and I will do the bug report for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    J Help with new grabber file. WebEPG 1
    S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    G WTV files General 11
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    M Keymapping Which File To Edit General Support 4
    F No data in "File Details" Moving Pictures 2
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0
    B xml file for perfect player Newcomers Forum 1
    K How to enable autoplaying of the next video files in the folder MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    B Text files attached to videos Watch / Listen Media 10
    Neoculture Bulk file name update My TVSeries 6
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    C How do I get MediaPortal to separate recording files by channel and month? General 2
    CyberSimian [Bug] Signed/unsigned error in calculation of file timestamps MediaPortal 1 11
    HTPCSourcer [solved] Sometimes persistent issues when playing specific h264 mkv files MediaPortal 2 18
    J Trying out MP 1 again, have some questions and a few log files Newcomers Forum 5