[solved] - MTS files freeze on last frame

Discussion in 'Watch / Listen Media' started by Rustyapron, October 2, 2018.

1. Rustyapron

Rustyapron Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi, I am having an issue with playing .mts videos in MP1.20. I'm playing these from within the Pictures mode, I select the first file, it plays OK but the video freezes on the very last frame. MP then moves to the next .mts in the sequence and starts it, but all I get is the sound, the previous stuck frame remains on the screen. There seems to be no way to get the computer out of this mode except by pressing the reset button. By the way .mts files play perfectly in VLC. Can you please help as I'm getting grief from my wife about it :(

Post Submission Note: I'm not sure how to withdraw this post if that's possible. I've fixed my problem. I changed the H264 default codec from LAV to the Microsoft one all is working now. Not blaming the LAV codec though, the .mts files are from a camera and they may not be completely according to the standards.

Last edited: October 3, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    No problem - it's better that the post stays, someone else might have the same problem in the future. I've changed the thread prefix to [solved] :)

4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I suggest that you bring this to the attention of the LAV developer. He will need a description of the issue and a (short) mts file to reproduce the effect. He usually fixed such things very quickly.

If you don't know how to do that, you may also provide a link to said mts file (PM to me) and I will do the bug report for you.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!