Multi Seat Live TV pixelation (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Happened a lot on a particular channel TEN.

When I tried to watch the same channel at the same time on the server it is fine, only happened on the client.

Tried UNC path option or not, the same.

Anyway to get a better picture on the client?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you want some sensible help, you're going to have to provide a lot more information - logs (client and server) and a description of your system (PCs and network) for starters...

Has this just started happening, or is it a long-term problem?

If it's recent, has anything changed in your system (PCs, routers, switches etc.)?

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Both the server and the workstation have 8GB of ram, i5 or i7 CPU, normal hard disk, using Ethernet over Power to connect them together TP-Link AV2000 so should be fast enough.

Have this problem for sometimes but getting worse with channel 10 (Australia). Tried both stream or UNC both cannot play smoothly. At first I though is TV reception but found that it is OK on the TV Server at the same time. That is why I start to think some issue with the configuration like timeshift buffering, etc.

Is it on the TV server it will not use the timeshift file to play live TV? Only the client will use that to play? If that is the case may be something to do with the timeshift file, what is the best settings on the file size, min or max no. of files, etc? Will it cause the performance issue?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If you provide the Server and Client logs it would help me to help you...

TV Server and MP Client both use timeshift file buffering for playing live TV.

Does the problem only happen with live TV, or is playback of recordings (from the same channel) also affected?

When playing live TV on the client, if you pause playback for a few seconds and then continue, does that improve things? (this will cause more data to be buffered in the timeshift file buffer).

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I tried move back 1 min with timeshift with live TV seems OK.

It happened again after like 15 mins even still have timeshift left, so I move back 1 min again and fine again. I tried move forward 15 sec and 15 sec still OK.

I am using UNC mode so 'BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds' registry may not have any effect with it.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I am using UNC mode so 'BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds' registry may not have any effect with it.

It does have an effect (irrespective of source - local file/UNC path/RTSP).

It happened again after like 15 mins even still have timeshift left, so I move back 1 min again and fine again. I tried move forward 15 sec and 15 sec still OK.

Every time you skip around the buffer inside TsReader is rebuilt i.e. playback is effectively re-started from the new place in the stream.

Which version of MP are you using?

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    It does have an effect (irrespective of source - local file/UNC path/RTSP).

Every time you skip around the buffer inside TsReader is rebuilt i.e. playback is effectively re-started from the new place in the stream.

Which version of MP are you using?
    Latest 1.20

OK will try to change it to 500 and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom