Multi-seat not working... (1 Viewer)

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I made a similar post in the "1.0.1 Released-thread" (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/mediaportal-1-0-1-release-57507/). Sorry for double-posting approximately the same information, but I realized that it would drown in that thread and that it is worth it's own thread...

I had big problems upgrading the release on my server and clients (multi-seat), but I finally managed to install only to find out that:
-TV is not rendered in my clients (neither XP nor vista).

Tried a clean install instead, same problem - previous menu is stuck, or black screen appears. Attaching logs collected from vista.

Went back to 1.0 in one of the clients instead (best release so far for multi-seat is however 1.0RC4 that I still run on one client), and it works like a charm - well my old problems (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...screen-after-channel-change-53609/index4.html) with black screen after channel change (when switching between channels on different TV-cards or viewing recorded TV are still there, but that is to expect since it is a bug on the client side).

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hmm...
...tried on yet another client running English vista pro. There it works...
...need to go back and try to figure out the differences in configuration. The only thing I found at first glance is that the client that works has no SPDIF configured...

Really strange, on one computer it works - on the other not.

Or maybe I should say that it actually works after rebooting the computer, but I can not restart mediaportal or putting the computer to sleep or anything else that stops TV from showing, because after that video (audio is working just fine) stops working...
...it must be a codec issue, I have had a lot of those on this computer that runs vista home basic...

Good news is that my old problem with black screen after channel change is gone...
...that issue seems to be solved in the 1.0.1-release!

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Please help...

...I have now tested this thoroughly. I have three clients in my network and they all work differently:
- English Vista Home Premium: Everything works just fine
- Swedish Vista Home Basic: Works after a reboot, but as soon as I hibernate or just close MP client and restarts it, video rendering stops working.
- Swedish XP Home: Video rendering never works. Same symptoms as after restart on Swedish Vista Home Basic, left in the previous menu without video, but in this case the problem is there all from the start.

The same happens when trying to watch recorded TV. Seems like there is a new problem with RTSP rendering, instead of my previous black screen problems.

The only common thing I have identified between the failing computers are that they have onboard ATI graphic chipsets (690 on XP and 780 on Vista).

Any ideas on how to solve this. WAF is really low right now...

Managed to get video working on my XP-machine by installing AC3filter and use it as TV-audio decoder, while still decoding video with MPC.

Will try on my Vista home basic later tonight...

...all these codec problems with RTSP are a mess. Some channels requires me to install AC3filter as a postprocessing filter while using MPA as standard codec. I can never get all channels working at the same time with the same codec....

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
More tests: Vista home basic is no success. The thing that made it work on XP was combining EVR with ac3filter...
...but on vista home basic that is not helping either. The strange thing is that this never happens after a restart of the OS, only after standby or restart of MP...

...will probably install vista home premium instead and see if it has something to do with the missing codecs that I had to install manually and the missing aero that I had to activate manually in home basic...

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You're getting this in your logs

2009-04-12 23:17:18.203120 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed:unable to add filter:ffdshow Video Decoder to graph
    2009-04-12 23:17:18.204120 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed filter:ffdshow Video Decoder not found

I also see that you have PowerDVD installed. What happens if you select PowerDVD for both video & audio?

Also, do you have either of the two resume based options enabled in the general section of the config utility? One is for a workaround, & one is for a reload of MP on resume.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried every HW combination and every codec combination that I can think of.

I just reinstalled the OS and mediaportal into a clean setup (no additional codecs) on Vista Home Premium instead just to test, but problem is still there - no video rendering.

This must have something to do with the drivers for the HD3200 for Vista. I am trying different versions of those right now, but no luck so far...

I will later tonight try to get proper logs out of this clean setup for the developers to look at...

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom