Multiple Databases? For the kids... (1 Viewer)

Kamshaft

Portal Member
April 28, 2010
Ontario Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Great plug in BTW! Is there a way to have two separate databases? Reason...I have kids, I'd like to keep the tv series my wife and I watch, separate from the kids tv series. Is this possible? Ideally, I'd like to have a "Series" menu item and a "Kids Series" menu item.

If this is a request for a new feature so be it, if there's a way to do it, can someone inform me, thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Create 'Views' for what you want and then use the default view setup 'ViewTags', this will then give you a MovPic category alike selection. You can also PIN protect the views you do not want your kids to see. Use the MP-TVSeries configuration to create the new views, assign shows to each view and activate the 'ViewTag' view.

With MediaPortal v1.2.x you can also edit in a default view via basicHome buttons (you need to edit your skin manually or use a skin that has an editor to allow you to do so, such as StreamedMP). So then you can have your kids be the default view and you would switch to your view. But using 'ViewTag' as default view only requires an extra click for the kids and is then easier to use for you and the misses, as you don't have to use the hidden menu then to switch to your view.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom