Multiple disc movie playback out of order (1 Viewer)

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Hey all,

Noticed last night after importing a new movie with multiple discs that it plays out of order no matter which order I set the files to playback.

The system automatically imported "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird (2008)-CD1.avi" and "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird (2008)-CD2.avi" as "Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom" (see Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom (2008)). I renamed the saved title from "Joheunnom..." to "The Good, The Bad and the Weird" and went to play the movie, however disc 2 played first! I exited MP and went back into the MovingPictures config and the files were correctly in order.. CD1 first, CD2 second. Thinking it may work in reverse for some reason I switched them around with the arrows and went back into MP.

Playing the video (and saying No to resuming from the few seconds into it that I was) still started disc 2! I switched the files back to their 'proper' order and still nothing. In the end, I physically swapped the files name around and I could watch the movie all the way through. This isn't so good though as the files are mis-named and will play out of order in XBMC on my second HTPC setup.

Any ideas? Sorry I don't have logs for all this.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I had this exact same problem happen to me yesterday.

Once the movie was imported, I when into MP and tried it out to make sure the playback order was correct. So I opened up the movie and skipped to just before the end of the first disc. Once the second disc started playing, I thought that it seemed to be working and then stopped the movie.

Later on, when I went to watch the entire movie, it would only ever begin with disc 2, asking of course if I wanted to resume where I left off on disc 2.

I could do nothing to get it to start on disc 1.

Rather embarrased, my friends and I had to watch it in VLC instead :/

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
This happened again yesterday with "Tokyo Gore Police (2008)-CD1.avi" and "Tokyo Gore Police (2008)-CD2.avi" :(

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
out of curiousity... are yall having problems with files that you manually have to join together or ones that are automatically joined together???

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
out of curiousity... are yall having problems with files that you manually have to join together or ones that are automatically joined together???

I have it happen to movies that I manually joined together, AND set the playback order.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We will look into it, but I need your log files guys.

1) Restart MediaPortal.
2) Open Moving Pictures.
3) Play a movie that is two parts that play oput of order, regardless of the correct ordering in the config.
4) Confirm the wrong part started.
5) Stop playback and shutdown MediaPortal.
6) Post your movingpictures.log and error.log file.

It would be most helpful if you could post your logs in the actual issue thread.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Anyone? Logs documenting this? It's hard to debug with out a log file.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Sorry! I did the the MP log but forgot the errors log and didn't get around to it again. I will go duplicate this erorr now and send you logs. In a way it is good I waited because last night I played a 2 cd rip that was imported a long time ago, on a previous version and was NOT automatically approved and it played correctly. I will play the correct one first, then the failing one, and send you both logs in 15 minutes.

EDIT: Issue 257 updated with logs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom