Multiple & Duplcated Music Album Headache (1 Viewer)

tjpearson

Portal Member
January 2, 2012
Cheshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I've been struggling for days to get my music files to display correctly and no matter what I do as far as retagging, spending hours renaming MP still seems to insist on displaing anything but individual albums. Each album on my PC has a dedicated folder named the album with the tracks listed inside so why does MP not just display as.
Can anyone let me know what the basic setup is to get MP just to show each individual album folder and once selected list the tracks in that album. Why is it displaying the album muliple times, I seem to remember having this problem with itunes as well.
I'm using the MPTagThat but no matter how much I rewrite tags MP flirts various tracks outside the album generating another thumb.
Help would be appreciated.

tjpearson

Portal Member
January 2, 2012
Cheshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply, this guide looks good I'll have a dabble tomorrow. Think I found the problem, dreaded iTunes had planted its library backup folder where I store music so think that's why showing duplicates. MP was doing such a thorough job it also must have scanned this folder as well.

Will follow this guide just to be sure though, the help is great on this forum so very much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom