Multiple Hauppauge Colossus cards -- pre- and post-recording behavior? (1 Viewer)

stephenv

Portal Member
December 31, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok, from what I've just read you're probably correct, the indicator light glows when there is activity on any zone, so I need to do a bit more testing, things might well have been blasting to the extra blaster but I was just not getting any response because the device code is incorrect. I've also got a couple of different external blaster devices I could try, the one from the second colossus card and another cable set top box.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One trick that might help. If you have a webcam and can point the blaster at it, viewing the webcam should show whether the blaster is blasting anything. Webcams seem to translate IR to visible light. Works with remotes so it should work with blasters too.

Karyudo

Portal Member
    January 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Geez... I get busy for a couple of days, and BAM! All of a sudden a bunch of good stuff gets added to the thread! I haven't had time to fiddle any further, but I'm now looking forward to it again. Thanks to mm1352000 for sticking with me through my frustration, and to the rest of you for chiming in with your successes and tips!

CanadianEh, I'm in Vancouver, so you must have the same sort of problem that I do: the cable company won't rent you a CableCard, there's no DVB by satellite, and there aren't a ton(ne) of OTA channels.

As it happens, I've had some success with exactly those two screens you posted, essentially by doing what you did. That was with the WinLIRC-compatible blaster setup I had; but then I got sidetracked by the 'Remote' tab in MP itself when I tried the USB-UIRT setup.

I'm thinkin' maybe this weekend, I might get a chance to sort this out. Fingers crossed!

stephenv

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I managed to get this figured out, in the end I used a pair of headphones to listen to the activity on the USB-IIRT cable jack. The ports are mapped:

1. port 1 blasts to the right headphone
    2. port 2 blasts to the left
    3. port 3 blasts to the main box

one would think that port 1 would be the main box, which probably causes some confusion.

And now I can tune both Colossus cards independently.

Regards,

Stephen

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Stephen, that's excellent. :)

Hey, would you be able to take a few minutes to post screenshots of your configuration so the others can follow?
    I'm thinking particularly of:
    • the IRSS service main configuration and any USB-UIRT configuration within IRSS
    • each configuration tab/screen in the TVE 3 blaster plugin
    Would be really appreciated.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom