[solved] Multiple HDD movies not listing (1 Viewer)

Andrew_H

May 5, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have searched through the forums and I haven't found a similar problem or a solution. I maybe doing something inccorectly, so some help would be appreciated.

I have the Moving Pictures Plugin.
I have 2x 4TB HDDs with a Movies folder on each one and I have added them to the to the GUI Importer.
eg
F:\Movies\....moviename
G:\Movies\...moviename

The movies on the first HDD show up in the movie importer and manager as well as in Media Portal all movies list within the Moving Pictures extension

The movies on the second HDD show up in the movie importer and manager but only show in Media Portal Moving Pictures extension if I search for them or check the recently added movies tab. Otherwise it doesn't show in the list of All Movies.

Am I missing something? Or am I meant to do something different?

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    F:\Movies\....moviename
    G:\Movies\...moviename

The fact you specified "...moviename" worries me that you did not just add "G:\Movies" as the import BASE path, so that it will automatically scan all the subfolders.

If you did, but movies are still missing, then check the "Movie Manager" entries after swiching to "File Info" view, to see if you got any "multiple file" entries due to grouping files in a folder checkbox setting on the importer. If that's the case, undo the checkbox on that and send all those movies containing multiple files per movie back to the importer.

If movies still fail to show, then check noise filter, or start providing log files that will tell us what is going on behind the scenes (you have to ensure the log files contain the info by re-creating the issue with logging enabled).

Andrew_H

May 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi RoChess

My apologies for the confusion.

I did do it as ust the Base Path.
    so it was F:\Movies\ and G:\Movies\

I checked the Movie Manager. THe movies list there and I can see the cover art and it shows the address to the G:\Movies folder.

I'll check the noise filter as you have suggested and if nothing results I will posts some logs.

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1399282104][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok,

So the movies are still being listed, however it is doing it this way.

1. List of movies from A-Z on HDD1
    2. List of movies from A-Z on HDD2

so at the end of the last movie on HDD1 it starts to list the movies on HDD2.

Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That's the importer, it runs PER import path, would not make sense otherwise and slow your system down if it tries to read all drives at the same time.

Just wait for all the movies to finish importing (green circle will get white checkmark inside of it) and it will show them all in alphabetical order inside the manager.

Andrew_H

May 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    HI RoChess,

I figured it out. It was sorting the final list based on Filename rather than alphabetically.

THanks for all your assistance.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom