Multiple instances of MovingPictures in main-menu (1 Viewer)

fish12345

Portal Member
March 19, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I am using MovingPictures for a few months now and I pretty thankful for this development. It's a really nice pice of software - BUT I would like to have the possibility to have multiple instances of MovingPicutres in the mainmenu.

For a example one instance for my ripped DVDs and one for my ripped BlueRays...

Is it possible to use movingpictures more than one time in mediaportal?

Best regards,
fish

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is not possible, sorry. With the next release though, you will be able to configure Moving Pictures so that once you enter it in the GUI, you could have two menu items, one for Ripped DVDs and one for Ripped Blurays. So you wouldn't have two menu items on the main MediaPortal Window but you'd be able to divide your collection up like your asking for.

clahti

Portal Member
November 19, 2008
Multiple databases would be pretty sweet, call it a "Hard Filter" for lack of a better term. My reasoning is that for those of us who have a large collection with a natural break that will never have a need to be co-mingled (say kids and adults movies for example, or documentaries), this would speed up moving pictures which is now getting a bit slow because of all the items it needs to process. Let's say I have 1000 movies, 300 kids, 600 adult, and 100 documentary movies, there will never be a need for any of these to be stored, evaluated, processed, or otherwise munged together...ever. Having multiple databases and a way to select the desired "active" database would speed everything up tremendously. You might even keep all in the same database, just create a new table on the fly for each Hard Filter defined, so when adding a path to movies you select which Hard Filter it should belong to, which of course you created in advance. There is always one Hard Filter called "Default" which is what everything gets assigned to unless you define more Hard Filters. What do you guys think?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think it is an interesting idea clahti but I think it does not address the real problem. Speed issues with larger collections. We already have made a few changes to improve performance with 0.8 and we will probably make a few more. That being said what are the areas / actions that seem to take a long time for you?

* Startup
* ?

clahti

Portal Member
November 19, 2008
My copy of Windows 7 on the HTPC is about to expire, so this weekend I am going to install newer windows 7 beta, Media Portal 1.0.2 and compile latest SVN of moving pictures. Once I have a clean build and re-imported my library I will do some explicit testing to see if/where the pain points are regarding performance. As I said in IRC problems could be due to my particular configuration and not moving pictures per se'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom