Multiple movie folders (2 Viewers)

unwire

Portal Member
October 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the followup, RoChess.

Yeah, I had actually started creating .isos, and I think its much cleaner that way. However, I had a few issues with this on the machine I was testing on. There was a noticable delay between selecting a movie and when it would finish mounting and begin playing. Also, if I attempted to play a second iso movie while another iso movie was already playing it would fail. I think the iso last viewed would also remain mounted if you exited from MP, but I could be mistaken.

To keep things simple (or so I thought.. hehe) and to remove any potential issues from the equation alltogether, I thought I'd just leave them as VIDEO_TS folders.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
RoChess,

Thanks for the ideas - I did not have 'Always Group Files In The Same Folder' checked, so I tried that and renamed my folders as you suggested.

However, this didnt seem to work either. When it scans it comes back with two matches, both with the same movie name (see attachment).

Has anyone had any luck with multi-disc DVD rips that aren't in .iso format?
By looking at your screenshot, you could also select both entries and join them together. That way you'll be creating a single movie entry with to parts.
Just select them both and select the green arrow (two legs, one arrow head)

unwire

Portal Member
October 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I guess that's what I'll do then. I guess I was wondering if the import rules were capable of doing this automatically so I could prevent all manual steps. However, its not really that big of a chore. :)

After joining them and loading the movie in MP, I am presented with a "Stacked Movie" dialog that says "Please select disk to play" (see attachment). Is there any way to display a label associated with each disk here, taken from the folder or filename? eg. "Movie Disk 1", "Movie Disk 2", "Special Features", etc?

Attachments

• stacked.jpg
    stacked.jpg
    14.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom