[solved] - Multiple Network Interfaces Server Issue

Discussion in 'General' started by HPants, July 16, 2018.

1. HPants

HPants New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    Recently, I have upgraded to Windows 10 and am now having problems with the server in MediaPortal 2. It's a single seat build with a server. The server runs well until the VPN is engaged and the server disconnects. Exit VPN and the server connects again. My VPN uses its own TAP Windows Network adapter with its own IPv4 address. I have tried turning off the service, deleting the TeamMediaPortal folder in ProgramData, running the VPN and restarting the server with no luck. Also, I have tried changing the streaming settings in TV Servers setup but that made no difference.
    I have found this thread in the archive [fixed] - Client : Connetion to server problem with multiple network interfaces that contains patches but they are from 2011. Does anyone know of any updated patches or fixes?
    Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HPants

HPants New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    After some trial and error, I found the problem to be the VPN kill switch. Easily solved by allowing access to local networks. I hope this helps someone with the same problem some day.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!