multiple versions of a episode with diff language (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am currently facing the following issue.
    For TvSeries like "Cosmos A Space Time Odyssey" I have 2 different versions.
    EN: \Cosmos A Space Time Odyssey\Cosmos A Space Time Odyssey - S01E01.mkv
    DE: \Unser Kosmos Die Reise geht weiter\Unser Kosmos Die Reise geht weiter - S01E01.mkv

Reason for that is that I watch the series in english while my kids watch it in german.
    I can not simply put the DE audiostream into the EN file because the videos have a different length due to framerate conversions by the broadcaster.

Inside MyTvSeries I have 2 entries, with the same name, for every episode. Which makes it trial and error to find the right one. Furthermore, the watched state is always updated for both the EN and the DE entry. So if I watch an EN episode, the DE episode is also "watched".

I am using the custom layouts/views to separate my series from the kids series. This works very well except for those few series I have in DE and EN with separate files.
    Is there any way to handle this better in TvSeries which I don't know? :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yes, to code such solution. I think there was a patch to show audio language in GUI but it's not the thing you want.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can apply the ugly workaround I have used.

Pick a TV series TheTVdB show entry that has a simelair season structure, and that you do not plan to use/add to your collection.

Case in point Condo -- http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71071&lid=7

Then add a string replacement entry for "Unser Kosmos Die Reise geht weiter - S" -> "Condo - S"

This will mean the German version of Cosmos will actually import as 'Condo'. Then you go into the MP-TVSeries database and 'edit' the series title of "Condo" into say "Cosmos: Unser Kosmos Die Reise geht weiter" (for sort reasons you might prefer both shows to be listed together by manipulating the title this way, or use the sortby field if your setup uses it). You can do the same for the episode descriptions and grab the German info from: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=260586&lid=14

While inside MP-TVSeries config, locate the series ID number on both series as well, and then you can copy/overwrite the artwork files (fanart, cover and episode thumbnails) from Cosmos to match the "Condo" ID numbering, so that the entire duplicated series will work with Cosmos artwork.

Watched status is dealt with seperate this way as well, and even works with Follw.it/Trakt cloud sync, you will just have some other weird title show up in your history.

PS: If you do not care about episode info/thumbnails, especially on a show that has not ended, then you can also string replace rename the title into an unknown one. The series ID will then be negative (no TheTVdB match found), but you can still use that ID to get series info, fanart and cover to work. Each episode will then show up as "Episode 1", "Episode 2", etc. and cloud sync will not work then, but local watched flag does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom