Multiple versions of films not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
So I noticed that my MP2 setup always seems to report 1 film less than everything else (MP1, Kodi, Emby).

After trawlings through the logs I eventually found out it was because I have 2 files for Donnie Darko:

Donnie Darko (2001) tt0246578.mkv
donnie darko (2001) director's cut.mkv

For some reason these are being merged together according to the logs:

Media item 8bb60119-31f0-4787-a857-71efd2159b8c with name Donnie Darko (2001) (Donnie Darko (2001) tt0246578.mkv) added/updated (17 ms)
Media item 01469cd3-b5f6-4f08-a758-12b6ee7b99ec with name Darko Collection (01469cd3-b5f6-4f08-a758-12b6ee7b99ec) added/updated (0 ms)
Media item 8bb60119-31f0-4787-a857-71efd2159b8c with name Donnie Darko (2001) (Donnie Darko (2001) tt0246578.mkv) imported (71 ms)
Media item with name Donnie Darko (2001) (donnie darko (2001) director's cut.mkv) was merged into 8bb60119-31f0-4787-a857-71efd2159b8c (54 ms)

How am I supposed to view the Director's Cut version? Or how should I name this so that it's picked up as a film in its own right?

Steps to Reproduce:
Get 2 versions of the same film and add them a library.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso,
    Could you try to reproduce and nail the root cause in the importer? I think you‘re most experienced with the importer now :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't think it's an importer thing. Both versions are imported properly. The selection which version to play is not working/missing in the client part. Without asking always the first imported version is played.
    I've tested it with a 1080p and a 4k version of the same movie. Both are imported and are merged into one "movie item". As it is the same movie (identical tt number), I believe this is the correct behavior. But I only can play the 1080p version now because it was imported first. No way to reach the 4k version from inside client.

In general it's a very nice feature that people can import different versions of one movie into the ML without cluttering the views with lots of "pseudo duplicate" entries. But we definitely need a way to select which version to play...

If we change the importer we will remove this nice feature instead of fixing it... Imho this is more a thing for @Brownard as he is the "client guru"...;)

Edit:
    Even when I navigate to the 4k version with "browse media" in folder view the 1080p version is played...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I recently stumbled over "missing" recordings. It could be the same issue that items with exactly the same title are treated as one. For me it were "The 100" episodes where the repeated airing has the same title (thanks to good EPG-Buddy ;))

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could you try to reproduce and nail the root cause in the importer?
    This is intended behavior. The idea is to select which version to play in the client like @Lehmden mentioned. I think @morpheus_xx made a player change that plays all the files, so if you fast forward through the first file the next should be played. Of course this is not how it should work in the end. The importer groups files in “sets” so multi-part media would be in one set while different versions of the same media would be different sets. We need to make selection of what set to play selectable in the client and next we need the automatic playing of the next file only work for files of the same set.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think @morpheus_xx made a player change that plays all the files, so if you fast forward through the first file the next should be played.
    Just checked my examples (series recordings) and it is as you said: 2 recordings are grouped into one single item. When I playback it, the "next/previous" keys can be used to skip to the different "editions".

My changes on player side are considering the multi-part scenario (like movie.DVD1.mkv / movie.DVD2.mkv), but not the "editions" like usage.

I'm going to reproduce this on dev PC and see what options we have to handle this properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom