Multiple watched tags (1 Viewer)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    I think it would be great if you for each movie could specify what members of the family have seen that movie. You could add all the family members in the settings window and then when you started a movie you would select who will be watching and then the tag for that movie would be set to true for those people.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Raven said:
    I think it would be great if you for each movie could specify what members of the family have seen that movie. You could add all the family members in the settings window and then when you started a movie you would select who will be watching and then the tag for that movie would be set to true for those people.

Wouldn't this be a pain to select each person after the movie is over? Even if you only had three people in a family and you performed this task after the movie is over, would someone really take the time to select check boxes after EACH movie was finished? I mean really, after this was all said and done what useful info would be had from this unless you had so many movies in your collection - I woudl think this number would have to be on the order of 1000s of movies that you would have on hand.

Maybe we should have a poll for this one. Or maybe this topic may have as heated discussion as the NO MORE MDPLUGINS SUPPORT topic. I'm really surprised that topi cis still open and has not been locked by now. I have seen other topics locked much quickly.

Mike

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Yeah sure it would take some effort to tag a movie after watching it and not everone would use it, but I still think it would be a good feature to be able to track who has seen what movies. My movie server contains about 500 DVDs and even though I remember which of them I've seen the rest of my family doesn't.

I can also see a use for this feature in the upcoming TV-series plugin. I lost track of what Friends episodes I've seen long ago. Now I have to scan through several of them before I find one I've missed.

I will add a poll later on when more people have considered this feature request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom