[TV] Multiseat Streaming Scrambled Channels (1 Viewer)

amilewski

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
Jelenia Góra
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi to all again,

As I understand something is wrong with my configuration, I should be able to watch two or even three different scrambled channels from same transponder simultanously but I am not. So I decided to present you my tests and logs may you find them useful:

Config:
PC1 - Client/Server 1.0.2, floppydtv s2/ci + Nagravision CAM, CAM limit=0, Vista Ultimate Sp2
PC2 - Client only 1.0.2, Win XP Proff Sp3, WiFi connection

TEST1
- start MP on PC1
- tune to TVP1 (scrambled) channel
- manualy start recording of currently watched channel
- tune to TVP2 (also scrambled) channel which is transmitted on same transponder as TVP1
- can see TVP2 as long as I want (TVP1 is recording still)
- stop TVP2 channel
- big red REC dot in upper left corner visible but no way to stop recording, caption on the button says "Start recording" as all you know when recording is on it should be "Stop recording"
- going to see what has been recorded, when I play it - I can see TVP1 show for about 30 secs, after that show freezes, no sound and freezed frame has been recorded till I stopped recording.

Summary of TEST1:
I can watch and record to channels simultanously for not more than 30 secs, when I switched to TVP2, TVP1 was recording normaly, but after 30 secs timeshitf buffer for TVP1 has been stopped and last frame was recorded on and on untill stop recording was submited.

TEST2
- start MP on PC1
- start MP on PC2
- tune to TVP1 on PC1
- tune to TVP2 on PC2 (TVP2 is on same transponder as TVP1 - green checkbox)
- for 30 secs can watch both channels
- than, picture of PC1 freezes and sound goes off
- PC2 continues to play TVP2 normaly
- stopped TV on PC2 and PC1
- copied and attached logs to this post

Summary of TEST2:
same as for TEST1.

TEST3
- start MP on PC1
- start MP on PC2
- tune to POLONIA1 (unscrambled) on PC1
- tune to TELE5 (unsrambled on same transponder) on PC2
- both shows play normaly for hours without any issues

Summary of TEST3:
the problem encountered in TEST1 and TEST2 corresponds only to scrambled channels.

If you may help in solving this please do (but please avoid ideas like moving to Italy :oops: )

thanks

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
HI

I have firedtv-s2 last firmware and last driver from digital-everywhere, with Astoncryp 2.03 . ( I have check this setting the cam model to default and also to astoncryp with same results)

These are my test, I have set cam limit to 2.

Two client, and bouth are able to see two diferent channel on the same mux. No problem

But, when If I start recording two channels on the same transporter and then on one of the clients I start watching one of the channel that is recording the second channel turn scramble.

Here is the test:
1.- Select FOX and start wathing
2.- Push Record and start Recording
3.- Change to SCI-fi is on the same demux, Fox is recording no problem.
4.- Push record to start recording Sci-Fix
5.- Fox get scramble.

Logs Attached

I'm using build 23407
I can do the same here with my floppy-dtv-s2 AlphaCrypt CAM, and i do not encounter this issue. :confused:
But the question is. Is you CAM even able to decode all required PID's for 3 Channels?
- record Fox
- record SCI-fi
- watch SCI-fi

I would guess that your card can only decode the required PID's for 2 Channels, not for 3 at the same time.
So, even though you just tune 2 Channels, you actually tune SCI-fi 2 times, which is as if you would tune 3 Channels. :)

Note:
I am 99% sure on this. Could be wrong though since i do not know the multitune code which is involved in this usecase.

HI

I can agree with you that I'm tunning 3 channels (I don realy understand why is 3 because SCI-FI is recording and watching at the same time so this should count as only one, so I will set this as a bug or a posible optimize code ) but my real problem is that Fox has set to scrambled without notification to the user and this is a big problem because is not going to be recorded.. so if the code is not optimized and the cam limit is set to 2, when I try to watch SCI-FI it should send a message with "Scramble channel" because the limit is already reached with the 2 recording (Fox and SCI-FI) and wathing SCI-FI count as 3 as you had say before, Don't you think??

Also I have made another test, I have remove Aston cam with a matrix reborn (with original firm) with the same card "seca III from Spanish DIgital +" and I'm able to record and watch 3 channels.. simultaniusly SO the problem is not the card, where is the problem them? with the implementation of the Aston CAM?

Anythink else that I can test??

Thanks For you help.

Anyone with more ideas on the problem with the aston cam??? do you need more logs??

Thanks Iosu

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
Server: Windows7 x64 Ultimate + FloppyDVB-T v2 latest fw + SamsungCAM v1.0 + MP/TVE svn23443
Client: Windows7 x64 Ultimate + MP svn23443

Setting CAM limit to 1:

I start MP on server and I start timeshifting on Joy channel.
I start MP on client: all channels are red with the "deny" icon.
If i select one of those I receive the message "no card available".

Thanks for your retest.

in second step "I start MP on client: all channels are red with the "deny" icon " try to select the same channel JOY of the server "yellow" and then another channel on the same transponder "red marked".....

try to do the same thing also on the server....

Athos

I did some testing and found a issue with the code:

0002421: Channel status is not consistent in multiseat - MediaPortal Bugtracker

:D

Simone

any change to fix mantis bug 0002421 ??? if you need logs.. someone to test... I can help :)

Thanks!

athos

Portal Member
February 23, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Server: Windows7 x64 Ultimate + FloppyDVB-T v2 latest fw + SamsungCAM v1.0 + MP/TVE svn23443
Client: Windows7 x64 Ultimate + MP svn23443

Setting CAM limit to 1:

I start MP on server and I start timeshifting on Joy channel.
I start MP on client: all channels are red with the "deny" icon.
If i select one of those I receive the message "no card available".

Thanks for your retest.

in second step "I start MP on client: all channels are red with the "deny" icon " try to select the same channel JOY of the server "yellow" and then another channel on the same transponder "red marked".....

try to do the same thing also on the server....

Athos

Simone

Athos[/QUOTE]

Simone[/QUOTE]

@Simone,

the problem still exist with SVN 23908 and last 24281!!
Log for reference.

Athos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom