h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake Mozart
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

After upgrading my multiseat system from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 I am getting a lot of TV stutter. In my area I don't have the best TV signal which cannot be fixed. I have the best Antenna, MaskHead Amp etc. The option to not drop discontinued packets in TsReader has always worked for me in the past. Since the upgrade it looks like this feature doesn't work. I am only guessing maybe you can tell from the attached Logs. I have attached two logs, one with the don't drop discontinued packets on and the other with the option off. I don't notice anything different whilst watching TV, I used to see corrupt packets which is better than stutter. Please help.:D

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    Sorry to be pushy but has anyone had a chance to look at this. I have 1 TVServer and 3 Clients. Other than 1 client(mine) the rest are non techincal people that expect the TV to just work. With the current stutter the TV is unwatchable and I will have to revert all the computers back to 1.0.2. Once I revert back I won't be able to provide anymore testing and I won't be upgrading again until at least RC2 as it is to time consuming and inconvenient to the rest of the family to perform fresh installs on that many computers at the same time.

Before anyone comments I do realize that this is only RC1 and I took a risk in trying it, so I am not angry but if I didn't try it this problem may have been there in the final release. My urgency around this problem is only because I am going to have to revert back to 1.0.2 and would prefer to persist with RC1 if the problems are small and workable.:D

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    I can now confirm that the "drop discontinued packets in TsReader" feature is not working. Here is how I tested.

TVServer and all clients running 1.1.0RC1. Played a recording that I made, and I get the same picture quality and stuttering whether the setting is turned on or off.
    Uninstalled 1.1.0RC1 on one of the clients. Installed 1.0.2 on that Client. TV Server still running 1.1.0RC1. Played the recording, stutters when set to drop discontinued packets. No stutter when set to don't drop discontinued, I get pixelation which is what I expect.

I have attached logs for this test. This is the only problem that I have that I need to roll back for, so if an urgent fix could be provided that would prevent me rolling back.:D

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have attached logs for this test. This is the only problem that I have that I need to roll back for, so if an urgent fix could be provided that would prevent me rolling back.:D

Thanks for reporting.

The team are working through these forums as quickly as possible, given the number of reports and the small size of the team. I don't think it is possible to provide an estimated time for fixing this, if indeed this is a bug rather than a specific design. It may be that this was changed for a reason, although admittedly if this is the case, the option should have been removed.

Please bear with us.

Mark

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    I appreciate your efforts and with try to wait as much as possible. I really hope that this feature has not been removed on purpose, because as I stated earlier with the bad reception I get in my area this program would be unusable without it and I will have to stay with 1.0.2 forever.
    If I get time later I will try a few of the older SVNs and see if I can find when it stopped working.:)

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    Quick Update I have tried the last SVN mediaportal-svn-02-06-2010--13-59-Rev24975 and it works fine. So what ever the problem is it occurred only in RC1.

Last comment before I sit back a wait for you guys to do your magic. I installed a fresh copy of 1.1.0RC1 client and confirmed that the problem was still there. Then by luck I copied the core.dll from mediaportal-svn-02-06-2010--13-59-Rev24975 into the RC1 install and the problem was fixed.
    I have no idea what other problems this may cause but it is a temporary work around for me at this stage.:D

w_schoerg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Multiseat TV Stutter

Same here,
    but I´m sorry to can´t provide logs because I already swichted back to 1.0.2.

I´m also willing to wait but if this option never comes back this would be a big issue for me.
    So please, please try to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom