[Approved] Multiseat + UNC Setting + Series Recordings Issue (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If this is a standard feature, maybe it shouldn't be hidden under /debugoptions?

If this is good for a single seat only, why does the setting read "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths"

Keep in mine that UNC is used in singleseat (if i'm not wrong)

I think what Seb meant was that in single-seat mode, the timeshift files are always read/played directly (as they are normally on the local machine). This is exactly like the multi-seat 'UNC paths' situation, except that it's using 'local' file paths e.g. C:\ProgramData\..... instead of \\<remotePC>\..... etc.

By default, multi-seat uses RTSP where the server 'push' streams the data over the network to the client (rather than the client reading a remote file, as happens with 'UNC paths')

'UNC paths' has always been a 'debug' option because it has problems on some systems - we've made considerable improvements to it in MP 1.8, so maybe we should make it a normal, visible, option in 1.9 (to be decided).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    'UNC paths' has always been a 'debug' option because it has problems on some systems - we've made considerable improvements to it in MP 1.8, so maybe we should make it a normal, visible, option in 1.9 (to be decided).

Can you create JIRA for it? Just for not forget.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Could you clarify something? I have one server/client and one client machine. On the client machine the debug looks exactly like on Sebastiii's screenshot. On the server/client machine, the window looks like this:
    debug-1.png

Does this mean that I don't need to worry about the server configuration, but can config the client to force UNC?

You need to start on debug mode : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions

View attachment 152326

:)

Keep in mine that UNC is used in singleseat (if i'm not wrong)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes. This feature is configurable on client side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom