Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TEST build for 1.1 beta

As a favor to other 1.1 beta users I've attached my build of this plugin for that version. Some things you need to understand:

It's a TEST version. It may not work for you.

It's a "personal" version done by me, not the plugin developer(s). If it doesn't work, don't bug them, it's not their fault.

I've only tested it with one app, Hulu Desktop. Which I suspect is what most of you running 1.1 want this for anyway, but I mention it because there may be apps that break it. I didn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting beyond functionality and some debugging at the start.

Did I mention this was a test build and it may not work for you?

Finally, it has a bug still that I haven't been able to stomp out: When you configure the plugin for the first time, normally it will create a language xml file for you inside /language/MultiShortCut/string_en.xml (or whatever your language is). In this build that function may be bugged, I though I had it licked but it's not working in Vista64/Windows 7 64. It may well work in XP/Vista x32, as I suspect it's a permissions issues of some sort (seeing as how the language directory in 1.1 has moved along with plugins to the Program Data folder).

What does this mean? Well, if you have the strings_xx.xml file already from a 1.0.x install, you can use that - the file is the same. If not, I have included the language files for you in the attached zip. You'll need to create a directory called MultiShortCut under program data/team mediaportal/language/ and put the xml files in there (if you try to configure the plugin without doing this it will tell you so along with exactly where on your system it expects to find the file - put it there).

Otherwise the instructions are the same - copy the DLLFix.exe and MultiShortcut00.dll to your plugins/windows directory, rename the dll to whatever you like, run DLLFix.exe from that same directory (under Vista/7 you may need to run it as an administrator), and then configure it under plugins in MePo's config.

Again, it may have some bugs yet - except for the language issue I think I caught them all, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it. I've only tested it with HuluDesktop, which worked for me. It may not work for you. If it doesn't don't blame the plugin Dev because it isn't his/her's fault :)

I'll try to track down further bugs this weekend unless of course the orginal dev wants to step back in in which case, please do, you know it better than me :)

Attachments

• multishortcutTEST.zip
      30.6 KB

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    I just tried your fix, it didn't work for me. I put all the files in all the places you said... and i'm running MP 1.1 and the most recent streamedmp... when i click the hulu icon in the menu the screen goes black as if to launch hulu, then just returns to the menu. i'm at a loss.

linuxbazoka

Portal Member
    October 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Im launching PowerDVD with the Multishortcut plugin, and It is working with MP 1.1. (the 1.4 and the 1.5 testverison posted here)
    The only thing that dont work for me is that I cannot see any picture in MP menu. I have placed a hover_HD.png in the Media folder (blue3wide), and added the same name under "picture" in the plugin config menu.
    The picture shows with older MP verisons like 1.0.2 but not after that, is something changed, do I have to make/edit a .xml file or something?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Probably just a bug, there are a lot of skin changes from 1.0 to 1.1. I didn't notice because I used StreamedMP/Aeon mod and there's no need for a hover graphic with that setup.

I can take another look but it'd probably be better to wait for the plugin author to update it officially to the 1.1 series. I was mainly just interested in getting a basic working version to launch Hulu :)

I just tried your fix, it didn't work for me. I put all the files in all the places you said... and i'm running MP 1.1 and the most recent streamedmp... when i click the hulu icon in the menu the screen goes black as if to launch hulu, then just returns to the menu. i'm at a loss.

Did you ever have it working under 1.0.2? It sounds like the plugin is working and there's something else up with your Hulu Desktop setup. Hulu Desktop with StreamedMP is the exact setup I am using this plugin with and it works.

Did you completely remove the older plugin first then install mine from scratch?

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    Did you ever have it working under 1.0.2? It sounds like the plugin is working and there's something else up with your Hulu Desktop setup. Hulu Desktop with StreamedMP is the exact setup I am using this plugin with and it works.

Did you completely remove the older plugin first then install mine from scratch?

actually i just over-wrote the old files, since there wasn't really an installation with the older one. but i'll try removing them all and starting from scratch. are you using this same technique to get a menu item to appear in streamedmp?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/

or is there a better way?

UPDATE: i deleted my old hulu.dll and created a hulu2.dll and reconfigured it and it worked! for some reason copying over the old dll didn't work. thanks for bringing back my hulu!!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just wanted to say for me the version ixian posted works a charm, :D a lot!
    I tested it with runnin a batch

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    My version does appear to be a little wonky (told you it was buggy) - I tried it just now on my second client, a 32bit Vista pc (my other is 64 bit Windows 7) and it doesn't work. I'm going to play with it a bit unless the original author is working on it.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi ixian,
    Latest 1.5 MultiShortcut version on sourceforge worked for sure with MP 1.1 alpha version.
    I will have no free time until 25th september.
    Because I really think that it's stupid to reinvent the wheel each time, if you have some useful changes wich doesn't break the plugin and, provide improvements for MP users, I will be more than pleased to integrate them.
    If so please, don't hesitate to PM changes or, post here.
    Format of changes as you want :
    - Entire classes.
    - Patch.
    - Simple put code here.
    Then, users coukd benefit of it.
    Regards.
    Franck.

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    MultiShortCut is amazing!

... Latest 1.5 MultiShortcut version on sourceforge worked for sure with MP 1.1 alpha version. ... Franck.
    Hi, framug.
    Please, where I find the version 1.5 of MultiShortCut to download? Intend to use with the MP 1.1.0 BETA 1.
    Cheers.
    [els]
    :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom