Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi ixian,
    Latest 1.5 MultiShortcut version on sourceforge worked for sure with MP 1.1 alpha version.
    I will have no free time until 25th september.
    Because I really think that it's stupid to reinvent the wheel each time, if you have some useful changes wich doesn't break the plugin and, provide improvements for MP users, I will be more than pleased to integrate them.
    If so please, don't hesitate to PM changes or, post here.
    Format of changes as you want :
    - Entire classes.
    - Patch.
    - Simple put code here.
    Then, users coukd benefit of it.
    Regards.
    Franck.

It works, I haven't had to do anything major, but it's not consistent on 1.1 beta, the biggest problem being the intitial language file is not created on first use causing a major error (that for an end user would be uncorrectable).

I'm also having some issues on one of my 32bit Vista clients, it won't launch anything, just goes back to basichome.

If and when I track this stuff down I'll PM you any changes I do. Thanks again!

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    It works, I haven't had to do anything major, but it's not consistent on 1.1 beta, the biggest problem being the intitial language file is not created on first use causing a major error (that for an end user would be uncorrectable).
    Yep, that's why it wasn't released for MP 1.1 alpha. Doc for language file need to be updated.

I'm also having some issues on one of my 32bit Vista clients, it won't launch anything, just goes back to basichome.

If and when I track this stuff down I'll PM you any changes I do. Thanks again!
    For this case, I can't do anything because, I will not buy this OS only to fix that.
    I suppose MS added something maybe related with UAC on Vista to lock a simple process launch.
    Then, if you find something Vista specific, I'm sure Vista users will be pleased. ;)
    Regards.

hongkongpom

Portal Member
    August 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    Hi there,

I can't get a .png to be recognised by my Multishortcut v1.4 plug-in
    The file is staring me right in the face in the media folder and it is called hover_slingbox.png

When I type this into the picture field it gives me an error that it can't find it.
    I have tried typing the whole path together with the .png but I get a message that the picture must start with "hover_"
    I have tried without the quotations and also without the .png extension but I still get the same error message.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou
    hkp

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    It's a long time I didn't control that.
    Please, post your MultiShortcut.xml file, I will have a look on it the next week.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The Vista32 issue turned out to be an issue with me, StreamedMP, and the Aeon2 mod. In other words, I didn't have the right plugin id set on the home menu, it works fine now.

I think I have the language file issue where it isn't created on first use fixed, will post an update soon. Once that's fixed this plugin could be said to be 1.1 ready :)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    rev 1.6

Hi,

Here is the MultiShortcut 1.6 version.

List of changes :
    - Fix the picture problem.
    - Updated doc, quite complete now.
    - Archive structure changed.
    - Compiled with latest MP SVN references.

MP 1.0.2 users should use rev 1.4 plugin.

Attachments

• MultiShortcut.rar
      30.6 KB

AVKPOL

September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    hi everybody,
    NLS wrote:
    Well in fact Tobias listened to your request and released a fix (go to the file section and get it), that I have not tested yet.

There is now a new flag, which if you set to true, it tries to minimize MP while the other program runs (and restores it after that).

Also there is a default caption "-unnamed-".

this old post had discussed,but I tried to look for a file NLS refered and finded nothing :)
    Please give me a link to it if anybody can!

Once again:)
    My problem was solved by myself.Thanks to Framug and his rev. 1.6 Multishortcut.rar! Well done!

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    I'm running:

Win7 64-bit
    MP 1.1 Beta
    MovingPictures 0.7.5
    StreamedMP v0.9.601

Which version of this Multishortcut plugin do I need?

BlockbusterF

Portal Member
    March 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

really great plugin/hack! Searched quite a while for something like that.

But... I've got one little question/request:

This plugin is would be absolutely perfect to use in combination with TrueCrypt. e.g. I set up your plugin to execute "TrueCrypt.exe" with corresponding parameters listet in the TrueCrypt Manual.

The parameters of course had to end with ..../p "mypassword"

It would be perfect if we could set up the plugin to add the arguments which are typed with the onscreen Keyboard to the arguments already filled in the configuration.

ATM the arguments just replaced if your set the OSK.

Does anybody understand what I mean? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom