Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlockbusterF

Portal Member
March 9, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
WOW! Thank you! That was fast :D

Just Downloading and trying...

...and it works perfectly! Thank you again. Now we have a perfect TrueCrypt Mount/Dismount Tool :)

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi, I am using MP1.1 on a vista 64-bit machine. Is there a version that will work on this setup. I have managed to instal but when I try to configure it cannot find the files due to 64-bit directory structure. Hope there is a fix, I would love to launch Spotify from my home menu.

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Own screen for Multishortcut-plugin?

Hello all,

I'm using this plugin for a while now and very happy with it. I'm so happy that more and more ideas come into my mind what to do with it, at the moment I use it e.g. for powering up and down a backup PC or to turn on and off the WLAN in my router.

As I understand and observe it, the plugin creates one entry in the Home or Plugins menu. However, when I add many new entries, the menu list gets quite long. From a usability point of view it would be better to access these in another form, e.g. via an own screen or a basic-home-style menu.

How could I get there without digging too deep into skin and plugin programming? I see that some skins have e.g. an extra-menu (consisting of a plugin and an associated screen) accumulating some MP functions and some plugins. Is this the standard way? Or would it be worth it to create an own screen for the Multishortcut-plugin with a very basic screen which could optionally be pimped by every user with his own constraints?

Or is this already invented and I did not search enough?

kind regards

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello, i am running Win 7 x64 and can not get this plugin to work, says im missing strings_en.xml. This is after i run the DLLFix.exe. i attached a screenshot of it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• MultiShortcutError.jpg
      MultiShortcutError.jpg
      80.7 KB

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    :eek: oh man i completely missed that folder. sometimes its the obvious. i'll give that a shot and report back, thank you so much for your reply.:D

11:14a - update; it worked just fine. thank you again.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, i am running Win 7 x64 and can not get this plugin to work, says im missing strings_en.xml. This is after i run the DLLFix.exe. i attached a screenshot of it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

same problem......but my mp ins installed in c:\mediaportal\

gserg

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Hello, I have had this happen a couple of times now and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. I installed MultiShortcut as instructed and set up a shortcut for Hulu Desktop. It worked great. Then I had problem with a Flash upgrade and it started crashing Hulu Desktop. After the Hulu crash, the shortcut in MP wouldn't work anymore. Even after a reboot it wouldn't work to launch Hulu again. So I removed the dlls for MultiShortcut, readded them and configured it again in MP and then it worked again. Next time I tried to use Hulu Desktop, it crashed again (still a Flash problem) and once again the shortcut quit working. I had to go back through the same process of deleting all the MultiShortcut dlls and recreating them to make it work again.

Has anyone else seen this? Its almost as if the dll gets corrupted or something when the program being executed crashes. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Greg

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Following on from the other guys, I am also having problems with W7x64 and different directory paths.

Will a new version be released soon, that will support MP 1.1.0.0 and W7x64?

Thanks,

J

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom