[solved] Music artists/albums not showing in Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

mauwstin

Portal Member
November 5, 2013
Home Country
England England
MediaPortal Version: 1.5.0

Description
NB - I am on version 1.6 of MP

Having done a fresh install of MP 1.6 today, everything works fine except for fanart scraping of artist and album images. In Fanart Handler config no artists or albums are displayed - it's as if the music DB can no longer be accessed by the plugin. If "start scraper" is clicked, the progress bar goes immediately to 100% with no error message displayed.

Steps to Reproduce:
On a fresh install of MP, add a music folder and install the fanart handler plugin. Then open fanart handler and attempt to scrape for album/artist info

xfx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2011
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Home Country
Spain Spain
Although I updated to the latest version (3.1) I'm still having this same problem. Apparently, version 3.1 is still pointing to htbackdrops.com, which has been down for quite a while.

So a quick fix was to edit the hosts file and make htbackground.com point to the IP address for htbackdrops.org
And now Fanart Handler is working just fine!

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Although I updated to the latest version (3.1) I'm still having this same problem. Apparently, version 3.1 is still pointing to htbackdrops.com, which has been down for quite a while.

So a quick fix was to edit the hosts file and make htbackground.com point to the IP address for htbackdrops.org
And now Fanart Handler is working just fine!

Hi zfx,

have the same problem. Where do you find the host files to make htbackground.com point to the IP address for htbackdrops.org.

Thanks for your help

xfx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2011
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi Calsi,

The file (usually hidden) can be found in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\
Make sure you start your Text Editor with Administrative privileges so that you can edit it.

When you have it opened, just enter the following code at the end of the file:
148.251.12.19 htbackdrops.com

(No need to reboot or anything, for the changes to take effect).

mauwstin

Portal Member
November 5, 2013
Home Country
England England
I tried editing the hosts file but still no luck. I don't believe the hosts file is the issue though - looking at the change notes for MediaPortal 1.6, it states the following:

Due to performance and stability improvements we decided to switch from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.6 which comes with InnoDB as default database engine. It is more reliable than MyISAM which was the default database engine in MySQL 5.1 and the cause of many TV database crashes.​

The issue I have is that Fanart Handler config does not show any of my artists or albums, which seems to me like it is unable to connect to the music database, possibly because the database has been upgraded. Anyone able to confirm?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    That change is just for the TV Server database and nothing to do with fanart handler.

You should be able to see your artist fanarts but I think thumb scraping is not working.

The fanart db may be corrupt, you could try deleting or renaming the fanart db files here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database then see if it starts scraping.

Sorry for limited help, really need the plugin author but not seen him in a while.

mauwstin

Portal Member
    November 5, 2013
    Home Country
    England England
    Fresh installation and have tried deleting the fanart db files but still no luck :(

If it helps, I've attached a couple of screenshots of the Fanart Config - in the first one, you can see it simply doesn't recognise there are any artists in my music database, but in the second screenshot you can see that there are albums in the database.

I've also just realised that If I select "Artists" in the dropdown on the second screenshot, nothing is displayed. It seems that fanart handler knows I have a DB full of music, and it knows the album names, but for some reason isn't finding any artists to scrape.

Any more assistance greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• ss.png
      ss.png
      50.1 KB
    • ss2.png
      ss2.png
      93.6 KB

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey mauwstin,

Can you try the attached version of the fanart handler dll. Open the zip and copy the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

Attachments

• FanartHandler.zip
      270.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom