Music drops outs when navigating menus while playing songs (1 Viewer)

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi

For a while now I've had a very annoying thing happen when playing music in MP.... if a song is playing and I begin to navigate to different MP screens (using the back button or bringing up the hidden context menus, etc), there is a monentary "pause" in the song in the time between when I press the remote button and the time it takes for the new screen (that I'm navigating to) to appear.

This makes browsing for new songs while another is currently playing a really frustrating and annoying experience, and really affects the listening experience.

My question, is this something that has been noted in MP before, or likely something unique to my setup. I thought I check this first before posting logs.

I'm running the lasted MP 1.2.3, with my music being output through a Asus D2X soundcard (via analogue) to a Yamaha reciever.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have seen such behavior in the past (with old dev PC). Increasing the BASS buffer lenght did help in that case. It is few years when I did previously see this behavior and the details are a bit fuzzy :)

Helmut, is the BASS / music engine dependant on the Process() calls? As those could be stalled for multiple seconds when the view change is performed. Or maybe it could be related viz somehow, does it require response from BASS direction and the blocked Process() calls could interfere that way to the BASS itself.

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Helmut and tourettes,

Thanks for your replies and assistance. I'll try increasing the BASS buffer as you suggest tourettes, and otherwise try playing around with the soundcard settings. I've also changed my skin from Avallonis to Reflex (which is much smaller and faster) so that might help.

Cheers, Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom