Music Improvements for 1.4 (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK a follow on from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ideas-for-music-section-1-3.95869/

First off apologies but real life took over @hwahrmann and my lives so 1.3 updates to music did not really happen.

There is a test version for WASAPI / ASIO / Replay Gain in Area 51 and the more people who test this the more likely we can get this into 1.4.
    There is also the auto-dj functionality (and updated last.fm scrobbling but that is not needed for auto-dj) also in Area 51

On top of these I will hopefully find time to implement:
    There are a few other experiments we have going but these are not necessarily going to work. (full list of mantis entries for music is here)

So looking to start conversation again and see if we can get some more good ideas flowing :D

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Personally I would like to see this fixed: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3742 :)
    +
    I have added the thumbs into the MP3 music files and they were read and displayed perfectly. However when the songs got the same albumname every song got the same (album)thumb displayed in MediaPortal and the thumbs coming with the MP3 file got ignored.
    Is this the intended behaviour?
    I would like to have that the thumb will always be read from the MP3 file first no matter which albumname.

Thanks for your work! =)

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Rework artist / album info scraping (adding MusicInfoHandler type processing to MP core; part of it is there in 1.3 beta)

Good to hear you are back and thanks for your work. Please test all your scraping improvements against webstreams like Shoutcast as well, the artist info tends to get dropped in current MP revisions.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi
    Maybe it is more about music info scrapping but anyway...
    My proposal is to split Artist name to 2 Artist names if they contains "feat", "pres", "incl" to be able to find all songs from current artist.
    What do you think about it?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you plan to rework music-playlists as well?
    In my opinion creating and editing playlists could be much user friendly than they are now...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    Maybe it is more about music info scrapping but anyway...
    My proposal is to split Artist name to 2 Artist names if they contains "feat", "pres", "incl" to be able to find all songs from current artist.
    What do you think about it?
    There is already splitting using the / or null (maybe pipe also) character, this also conforms to id3tag standards.[DOUBLEPOST=1353179613][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do you plan to rework music-playlists as well?
    In my opinion creating and editing playlists could be much user friendly than they are now...

Someone needs to suggest some current music playback software that is operable with a remote that has better usability with the same number of features, then maybe we can borrow design elements from their GUI.

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know about other software that could be a role-model but I had such things in mind:
    -separate playlist section as music-subsection to create, edit, show and play playlists
    -different play-modes (e.g. random, alphabetically, a.s.o.)
    -buttons to add tracks or whole albums in the normal music section
    Sounds reasonable?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is getting everything to be done by the remote without mouse or keyboard input, however all 3 suggestions are already integrated into the my music plugin. Except for a.s.o. I'm not sure what that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom