hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    +10000 for the custom filters.
    First example. when I play the Jazz group, I want to get Adele in the selection, but when I play the Pop-Rock-Folk-Electro group, I also want Adele in the selection... With current Music view implementation, I cannot share a track over several genres.
    Second example. If I want to browse all live performances or all jazz vocal it is just not possible...

Basically, this could be achieved by adding "CONTAINS / START WITH / DOES NOT CONTAIN" operators in filtering each view level and then tagging the genre with 'composite' genre such as 'Jazz/Live', 'Jazz/Vocal'.

You can have multiple Genres per Track.
    Simply separate them with a semi colon (;) in your Tag Editor.

So for the first use case you could tag the Genre as: Jazz;Pop;Rock;Folk,Electro

For Use Case #2 you could tag the Genre as: Jazz;Live and Jazz;Vocal.
    I'm not sure now, but i think you could do that already now in 1.3.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too would like more control over views using more tags and filters.

But what I would really like is to be able to listen to the same music, in sync, on multiple computers on the network. That would be awesome. When I move from room to room, it would be nice if the computer in that room could also be playing the same music as the one in the living room.

Thanks for all your hard work. It really is appreciated.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Agree with Cruzer, but I think not possible with MP architecture?

I did play around with a thing call xLobby (I think) which had this functionality, and if memory serves, used multiple sound cards, each with an install of Winamp to create "zones", but I don't think MP could even achieve this because of the way it uses DirectX (correct?). Pretty cumbersome (and expensive) solution anyhow.

i think what we would all like is for MP to be able to start a music stream on say the server, which each client then connects to. If this could then be centrally controlled, i.e connecting clients to the stream from a central server, we have all-house music heaven I think. Dreams on.......

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to map a key on the mce remote to add only the selected track to the playlist?
    In my opinion this would be a huge improvement to the usability of music playlists especially in
    comparison to the necesarry effort.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to map a key on the mce remote to add only the selected track to the playlist?
    In my opinion this would be a huge improvement to the usability of music playlists especially in
    comparison to the necesarry effort.
    Depends what you mean by playlist.
    If you mean what is playing now then yes you can map an action to queue the selected track (or you can change the options in config so when pressing OK on a track this is the defaukt )

If you mean add a track to a playlist that might not be playing then I don't think there is an action for this via the context menu

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here's a small improvement IMHO. Sometimes, when I'm near the end of a song, I want to hear that track again. I press the track back button <| and it goes to the previous track and then I have to press the track forward |> button to get to the start of the track I want. It would be nice that if you press the track back button within the first say 10 seconds of a track (or maybe make this setable?), it goes to the start of the previous track. But if you press it after that, it goes to the start of the current track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom