Music/Movies is listed but wont let me select it! - Shares and database view.

Discussion in 'Watch / Listen Media' started by jonathantwynham, November 18, 2013.

1. jonathantwynham

jonathantwynham Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi.

I have a problem in my client side of mediaportal - i run two servers in my loft, one dedicated to the tuner cards and the other has the media files on it.

I prefer to view my music by shares view (i have it organised perfectly - some of my albums are demo albums i have been given over the years and in database view it organises them oddly) [but this problem does occur in database views]...

All of my albums are listed in alphabetical order in Music and they are all listed, but there are particular albums that as I scroll down through the list MP will pause for 10seconds then jump back half way up again.. if I try to scroll upwards and get to the same albums it will then do the same...

I have noticed this occurs in Moving Pictures and also in Online Videos.. but not all the time in these two - in Online Videos it basically crashes the plugin and jumps to Home.

With the music - I noticed this has happened much worse since I upgrade to a different server and copied my music collection across.... but I can verify that if I open the folder in windows explorer I can see the albums/folders and can open them and then play the tracks inside the folders using WMP.

I will get logs off my client pc's and see what is going on..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!