Music: Now Playing 5 abnormalties (1 Viewer)

briegel

Portal Pro
July 2, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i have still some important issues in the MP music - area:

Reference for my consideration is MP 1.2.3

First abnormalty:
- When i start a music track and switch to the "Now Playing" screen it takes app. 20sec until "Top Tracks for Tag" are displayed. MP 1.2.3 needs only 7 sec.

- When i select a title of the suggestions-list (that will be added to the playlist) MP1.11.0 PreRelease does not refresh the "Top Tracks for Tag"-suggestions, MP1.2.3 does (same with yellow button on the remote)

-When i start a music track and wait longer than 10sec. before i stwitch to "Now Playing", no "Top Tracks for Tag" suggestions are displayed.

Second abnormalty:
- When i start a music track and switch to the "Now Playing" screen, back to the Music list (escape / back) and then again to the "Now Playing" screen, no "Top Tracks for Tag" suggestions will be displayed any longer. I must stop the play back and start it again, than "Top Tracks for Tag" are displayed. MP 1.2.3 refreshes the Top tgrack suggestions every time, i switch to the "Now Playing screen".

Third abnormalty:
- When i start a music-list, and switch to the "Now Playing" screen (within the first 10 sec) track suggestions are displayed.
When a new title starts (No.2) , the old suggestions (from No.1) are displayed for 10 sec. then they are get a reset (nothing is displayed) and after a few seconds the new suggestions are displayed. In MP1.2.3 the suggestions get a reset immediately (0sec) every time a new title starts.

Fourth abnormalty:
- When i start a track, switch to "Now Playing" and back to the list, the selected items disappear after 10 sec. when a new tilte from the list starts.
(Just that behavior that is fixed with this [MP1-4600] issue. This works, but only if you don't switch to "Now playing")

Fifth abnormalty:
- It is possible to show the rating of a music tilte ( Current File Tags, Music Now Playing Track Skin Properties, #Play.Current.Rating). This does not work. In MP1.2.3 this function does not work as well.

In my opinion there is a big " 10 sec" bug in the software, because the selected items also diappered after 10 sec. in older versions of MP (see also [MP1-4600]).

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First abnormalty:
    - When i start a music track and switch to the "Now Playing" screen it takes app. 20sec until "Top Tracks for Tag" are displayed. MP 1.2.3 needs only 7 sec.
    - When i select a title of the suggestions-list (that will be added to the playlist) MP1.11.0 PreRelease does not refresh the "Top Tracks for Tag"-suggestions, MP1.2.3 does (same with yellow button on the remote)
    -When i start a music track and wait longer than 10sec. before i stwitch to "Now Playing", no "Top Tracks for Tag" suggestions are displayed.

I haven't changed the code, but iirc there was a problem with the last.fm api, if we shot to many requests on them in a short period of time.
    So we decided to do the last.fm lookup only after the song has played for 10 seconds.
    This will prevent repeadetly lookups when skipping fast through the playlist.

The missing lookup when something has been added to playlist seems to be a bug.

When you switch to Now Playing after the song has played loinger than 10 seconds, we are not doing the lookup. This is clearly a bug

Second abnormalty:
    - When i start a music track and switch to the "Now Playing" screen, back to the Music list (escape / back) and then again to the "Now Playing" screen, no "Top Tracks for Tag" suggestions will be displayed any longer. I must stop the play back and start it again, than "Top Tracks for Tag" are displayed. MP 1.2.3 refreshes the Top tgrack suggestions every time, i switch to the "Now Playing screen".

I can't confirm that. this is working ok for me.
    Start playback -> Switch to now playing withn the first 10 seconds -> leave now playing BEFORE the 10 seconds have been reracxhed -> re-enter Now Playing e.g. after 25 seconds -> Top tracks are displayed.

Third abnormalty:
    - When i start a music-list, and switch to the "Now Playing" screen (within the first 10 sec) track suggestions are displayed.
    When a new title starts (No.2) , the old suggestions (from No.1) are displayed for 10 sec. then they are get a reset (nothing is displayed) and after a few seconds the new suggestions are displayed. In MP1.2.3 the suggestions get a reset immediately (0sec) every time a new title starts.

This seem sto be the same problem with the 10 seconds. The information from song 1 is cleared and only after 10 secinds of song 2 playing, we get the new information.

Fifth abnormalty:
    - It is possible to show the rating of a music tilte ( Current File Tags, Music Now Playing Track Skin Properties, #Play.Current.Rating). This does not work. In MP1.2.3 this function does not work as well.

This has been already reported and a Bug opened

In general there seems to be a problem with the rework of last.fm that took place a while ago.
    I need to find out, who has done it, and why this 10 seconds delay had been implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom