[confirm] Music play (MP3) isn't smooth (1 Viewer)

KitKat23

Portal Member
November 1, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I run Mediaportal 1.3b on a Windows 8 64-bit laptop.

Everything runs smoothly except for when I go to 'music' to play mp3s. The mp3s are played, but the listener will eventually notice minor yet annoying glitches\stutters in the music - almost like a scratched record. This doesn't occur in other players like VLC or Windows Media Player.

I tried changing audio renderer, codecs and players and codec\renderer configurations - no joy. It might be just that I went to the wrong places for settings - but I didn't really find anything out of Mediaportal Configuration or LAV Audio configuration.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

If not -

Do you know of a way to add\change the music player or it's settings? Does it use some kind of a codec?

Thanks for any answer that might be...

Last edited:

KitKat23

Portal Member
November 1, 2012
Home Country
I've just found something that might help:

I connect my laptop via HDMI cable to the TV.

Mediaportal plays everything smoothly - video, music, whatever - without being connected to the TV, just like the rest of the programs on my laptop.
When connected to the TV - in or out of Mediaportal - everything is played smoothly, except specifically for the music from the 'music' section in Medaportal.

In short: the problem only appears when I play from the 'music' section to the TV via HDMI cable.

Any ideas?...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just found something that might help:

I connect my laptop via HDMI cable to the TV.

Mediaportal plays everything smoothly - video, music, whatever - without being connected to the TV, just like the rest of the programs on my laptop.
    When connected to the TV - in or out of Mediaportal - everything is played smoothly, except specifically for the music from the 'music' section in Medaportal.

In short: the problem only appears when I play from the 'music' section to the TV via HDMI cable.

Any ideas?...

Hello!
    Have you changed the Audio Renderer (Sound Device) in MP Config -> Music?
    If this does not help you can try to change the Player from BASS engine to Internal dshow player.

=MusicPlayer.png

Wiki-Link: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/3_Music
    Thanks!

KitKat23

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Holzi - hello :) - yes, I have tried both options you suggested - but there's no change.
    kiwijunglist -I'm attaching both logs - with and without the HDMI cable connected. I hope I did correctly, if not - please tell me what else I need to do to generate correct logs.

In both logs I played the same song for 01:30 minutes.

Thanks! :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you als tried to increase the buffering time when using BASS player engine?

KitKat23

Portal Member
    November 1, 2012
    Home Country
    kiwijunglist - alright, thanks :) .

Holzi - yes I have... still no change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom