[solved] - Music Playback Stopped after 15 Minutes

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by 1gkar, March 1, 2016.

1. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Firstly, I take NO credit for resolving this issue. ALL thanks should go to joEhSuper (y). You're a star.

After significant research in attempting to fix the problem, I eventually got the answer from here -read 3rd post down.

In essence, the problem relates to the TV/monitor, connected via HDMI, turning off after a designated time inside the OS power options. In my case {15 minutes}. Setting this option to never -& allowing the TV to switch itself off, through it's own menu- has resolved the issue.

The testing I had completed showed any music setup other than using internal Directshow player with my DenonAVR resulted in playback ceasing after about 3.5 songs. This was regardless of skin installed. I first noticed this after updating to MP v. 1.12. As I didn't use the music section on anywhere near a regular basis, I had not attributed this to the time being similar to upgrading my AVR to accomodate HDaudio. Now, as I am having some time away from work, I wanted to sort it out.

One thing I noticed when comparing our systems,they are both Intel i-series, utilising the onboard audio.

Before I tried testing -as a last resort to fixing the issue- I did various searches with zero results. It shouldn't have been that hard to rectify. It wasn't until I started reading every post on the threads did I come across joEhSuper's post. I believe this should either be stickied at this forum level, and/or the fix be added into the WIKI.

Thanks again for making this MP user a happy camper: I am currently listening to uninterrupted music playback :D:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <off-topic>
    You can do this.
    Anybody is able to update the wiki.
    Log into the wiki with your forum account and you should then be able to edit pages.
    ...so you can add whatever detail you deem helpful in the appropriate wiki page(s). :)

4. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I attempted this -before original post, using my MP user & password: came up with, "This user does not have access to login to MediaPortal Wiki. Please contact your site administrator."

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. 1gkar
    • Premium Supporter

1gkar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Page set up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!