[solved] Music Playback Stopped after 15 Minutes (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Firstly, I take NO credit for resolving this issue. ALL thanks should go to joEhSuper (y). You're a star.

After significant research in attempting to fix the problem, I eventually got the answer from here -read 3rd post down.

In essence, the problem relates to the TV/monitor, connected via HDMI, turning off after a designated time inside the OS power options. In my case {15 minutes}. Setting this option to never -& allowing the TV to switch itself off, through it's own menu- has resolved the issue.

The testing I had completed showed any music setup other than using internal Directshow player with my DenonAVR resulted in playback ceasing after about 3.5 songs. This was regardless of skin installed. I first noticed this after updating to MP v. 1.12. As I didn't use the music section on anywhere near a regular basis, I had not attributed this to the time being similar to upgrading my AVR to accomodate HDaudio. Now, as I am having some time away from work, I wanted to sort it out.

One thing I noticed when comparing our systems,they are both Intel i-series, utilising the onboard audio.

Before I tried testing -as a last resort to fixing the issue- I did various searches with zero results. It shouldn't have been that hard to rectify. It wasn't until I started reading every post on the threads did I come across joEhSuper's post. I believe this should either be stickied at this forum level, and/or the fix be added into the WIKI.

Thanks again for making this MP user a happy camper: I am currently listening to uninterrupted music playback :D:whistle:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-playback-stops.119926/page-5

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <off-topic>
    ...and/or the fix be added into the WIKI.
    You can do this.
    Anybody is able to update the wiki.
    Log into the wiki with your forum account and you should then be able to edit pages.
    ...so you can add whatever detail you deem helpful in the appropriate wiki page(s). :)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anybody is able to update the wiki.

I attempted this -before original post, using my MP user & password: came up with, "This user does not have access to login to MediaPortal Wiki. Please contact your site administrator."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom