Music playback stops after certain files (1 Viewer)

Memorix

Portal Member
May 1, 2012
Germany Germany
Country flag
MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0

Description
Hello MP Developer,

when I play a playlist the music always stops after a few certain files. This issue is was proofed several times by myself. It is repeatable. It is alway the same:

1. I play a playlist with hundreds of song.
2. When one of the problematic songs is played the playback stops at the end of the song. The song itself is played without any issue.
3. When I press 'skip' the playback continues with the next song.

In the appended log files I added 3 problematic songs to a short playlist. The songs after which the playback stops are:

- [2018-06-21 19:37:31,000] 07 - Don't Keep Me Waiting.mp3
- [2018-06-21 19:42:12,563] Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.aac
- [2018-06-21 19:58:57,017] Haindling - Pfeif Drauf.mp3

As an experiment I converted the file '07 -Don't Keep Me Waiting.mp3' into '07 -Don't Keep Me Waiting.flac'. The playback continued after the file '07 -Don't Keep Me Waiting.flac'.

For testing purposes I added one problematic file 'Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.aac' to the zip file with the logs. If you have any further questions please let me know.

With best regards

Memorix

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a playlist
2. Insert the problematic file 'Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.aac' to the playlist
3. Play the playlist
4. Playback stops at the end of 'Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.aac'

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
horned_reaper [solved] Music playback hangs General Support 58
horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
horned_reaper [Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning Improvement Suggestions 21
horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
joecrow Music on Headphones Listen Music 8
2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
Sarxas What Music Are You Listening To? OffTopic 0
Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
BlueMax1916 [confirm] Music: Every 2nd track skipped MediaPortal 2 30
N Music player help Listen Music 4
N How to shuffle all my music, and how to sort by album artist General 4
R MP 2.2 client spielt audio-titel kurz an und springt dann zum nächten Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
joecrow Music: Fade Out not working 1.20 Pre Release 0
E [Pending] Handling Multifile Cue Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 56
S Resume Playback Annoyance Newcomers Forum 3
K Flickering live TV playback Newcomers Forum 3
J [solved] Blu-ray disc playback does not work. Bugreports 13
morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
I Video Playback Stuttering General Support 45