Music player help (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have just installed MP1 (I tried MP2, but it didn't meet all my requirements as a Windows media Centre replacement). I made a clean install, having deleted all the MP2 data first.

I have some questions about the Music player.

The first thing I want to do is to sort my music by album artist. I went in to Music, pressed left arrow to get the menu, chose View By, and chose Album Artist. Immediately all my music disappeared, and I get the same screen as before, but no music. If I go back to viewing by Shares, it all comes back. What have I failed to do?

The next thing I want to do is to play all my music on shuffle.

I read the wiki page on Music Playlists, but I am unable to follow the instruction "On the Music Menu, select Views", because I don't have a Views option on my Music menu.

I selected ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now". After a wait, it started playing all my music. I then went into the menu and clicked shuffle. After another wait, it showed the list of music, in random order. Lovely. Then I noticed it was going to play a track I didn't want to hear right now, a few items down the list. I clicked on the X against that item, and it all went horribly wrong.

Now if I select ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now", I get a blank listing, with the music menu showing, and the text "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    but I am unable to follow the instruction "On the Music Menu, select Views", because I don't have a Views option on my Music menu.
    Music Playlists say:
    If you have added items to a playlist, or previously selected a playlist, use the Menu > Current Playlists button,or the Context Menu > Show playlist option to navigate to the current playlist.

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    use the Menu > Current Playlists button
    That's another time I got "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

In order to try to get it to work, I reinstalled (twice). The first time I kept the same skin, and it didn't fix the problem. The second time I changed to a different skin, and it now works.

OK, thanks, done that now.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    That's another time I got "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".
    Very strange, I checked, there is such a file, and it is not corrupted. :):whistle::coffee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    B some music videos stutter Watch / Listen Media 0
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    horned_reaper [Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning Improvement Suggestions 37
    horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    horned_reaper [solved] Music playback hangs General Support 58
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    joecrow Music on Headphones Listen Music 8
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
    Sarxas What Music Are You Listening To? OffTopic 0
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
    BlueMax1916 [confirm] Music: Every 2nd track skipped MediaPortal 2 30
    N How to shuffle all my music, and how to sort by album artist General 4
    R MP 2.2 client spielt audio-titel kurz an und springt dann zum nächten Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    joecrow Music: Fade Out not working 1.20 Pre Release 0
    M Music playback stops after certain files 1.19 0
    da3dsoul MP2 Plugin - Getting Started (Directory Tree and Player) Plugin Development 27
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    M.Hulot After Update 1.25 internal blu-ray-player doesn't work General Support 8
    M.Hulot Interner Blu-ray-Player spielt nach Update auf 1.25 keine Discs mehr ab Allgemeines Supportforum 2
    R [solved] Kein Player registriert Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    Rob Hexenmeister ITV Player still not working for me OnlineVideos 2