Music player help

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by Nikki Locke, February 19, 2019.

1. Nikki Locke
    • Team MediaPortal

Nikki Locke Development Group

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just installed MP1 (I tried MP2, but it didn't meet all my requirements as a Windows media Centre replacement). I made a clean install, having deleted all the MP2 data first.

I have some questions about the Music player.

The first thing I want to do is to sort my music by album artist. I went in to Music, pressed left arrow to get the menu, chose View By, and chose Album Artist. Immediately all my music disappeared, and I get the same screen as before, but no music. If I go back to viewing by Shares, it all comes back. What have I failed to do?

The next thing I want to do is to play all my music on shuffle.

I read the wiki page on Music Playlists, but I am unable to follow the instruction "On the Music Menu, select Views", because I don't have a Views option on my Music menu.

I selected ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now". After a wait, it started playing all my music. I then went into the menu and clicked shuffle. After another wait, it showed the list of music, in random order. Lovely. Then I noticed it was going to play a track I didn't want to hear right now, a few items down the list. I clicked on the X against that item, and it all went horribly wrong.

Now if I select ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now", I get a blank listing, with the music menu showing, and the text "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,438 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    MP1 have Folder view (by folder structure Shares View ) and Database view ( Database Views ) by custom filrters / View ( Music View )
    If Music DB empty, Database view empty, custom filter return empty View :( for fill Music DB - need Music scan - Music Database Config

4. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,438 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Music Playlists say:
    If you have added items to a playlist, or previously selected a playlist, use the Menu > Current Playlists button,or the Context Menu > Show playlist option to navigate to the current playlist.

5. Nikki Locke
    • Team MediaPortal

Nikki Locke Development Group

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's another time I got "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

In order to try to get it to work, I reinstalled (twice). The first time I kept the same skin, and it didn't fix the problem. The second time I changed to a different skin, and it now works.

OK, thanks, done that now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,438 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Very strange, I checked, there is such a file, and it is not corrupted. :):whistle::coffee:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!