Music player help (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just installed MP1 (I tried MP2, but it didn't meet all my requirements as a Windows media Centre replacement). I made a clean install, having deleted all the MP2 data first.

I have some questions about the Music player.

The first thing I want to do is to sort my music by album artist. I went in to Music, pressed left arrow to get the menu, chose View By, and chose Album Artist. Immediately all my music disappeared, and I get the same screen as before, but no music. If I go back to viewing by Shares, it all comes back. What have I failed to do?

The next thing I want to do is to play all my music on shuffle.

I read the wiki page on Music Playlists, but I am unable to follow the instruction "On the Music Menu, select Views", because I don't have a Views option on my Music menu.

I selected ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now". After a wait, it started playing all my music. I then went into the menu and clicked shuffle. After another wait, it showed the list of music, in random order. Lovely. Then I noticed it was going to play a track I didn't want to hear right now, a few items down the list. I clicked on the X against that item, and it all went horribly wrong.

Now if I select ".." on the default music list, move the cursor on to Music, and click "Play now", I get a blank listing, with the music menu showing, and the text "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but I am unable to follow the instruction "On the Music Menu, select Views", because I don't have a Views option on my Music menu.
    Music Playlists say:
    If you have added items to a playlist, or previously selected a playlist, use the Menu > Current Playlists button,or the Context Menu > Show playlist option to navigate to the current playlist.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    use the Menu > Current Playlists button

That's another time I got "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".

In order to try to get it to work, I reinstalled (twice). The first time I kept the same skin, and it didn't fix the problem. The second time I changed to a different skin, and it now works.

OK, thanks, done that now.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    That's another time I got "Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myMusicplaylist.xml".
    Very strange, I checked, there is such a file, and it is not corrupted. :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom