Music Player / Play List Help (1 Viewer)

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
October 1, 2009
System Summary
- latest MP beta
- XP
- StreamedMP skin
- BASS music player
- SerialIR using EventGhost & Messenger plugin

Hi.

Is there a way / workaround to alter the behaviour of the select button when browsing the music library?

currently pressing select over rides current playlist starting a new (invisible) playlist of music by the same artist. I'd like to have the select button do the same thing the menu/info button does and bring up a choice to the user to either play the song now, or add it next in the current play list. Having it generate a new invisible play list is very confusing to the operator / user.

Here is how my system works:
- Select Button - play selected track immediately, continue to play tracks on the same album/view. Play list is hidden to the user

- Play Button - clear the current play list and start a new play list with the selected track / album only. New play list is visible in the now playing screen(s).

- MENU / INFO - brings up options including play next (insert into current play list) or play now (over ride current play list)

Ideally I think it makes mose sense to have the select button:

- if no play list is active, start new playlist with selected track or album (ie. do what PLAY does)
- if a play list is active ask the user to insert selected album/track after current song or start a new playlist with selected item

Any ideas how to make this happen? I don't think the skin can manipulate this can it? Ideas? Can MCE remote mappings make this happen?

Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think you can do exactly what you want in mce remote mappings.
    I think what you desire would have to be either happening at the skin level or require a redesign of the music plugin.

you can set 'ok' button, so that if window = music then action = add to playlist.
    however when you hit 'ok' on an artist it will add all the artist's tracks to the playlist instead of opening the artist.

you could however try this
    edit mappings for 'play' button
    if music is already playing then action = add to playlist (i assume that if you have music playing then your using an active playlist)
    otherwise it will do it's default action which is new playlist with current track.

mcemap.jpg

Ideally you'd want two conditions - Window=Music and Music Playing=True, but as far as i know you can only do one condition per action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom