Music Playlists - Adding tracks to existing Playlists - Help!! (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thought I had this cracked. I'm trying to add tracks to an existing Music playlist but the Current Playlist keeps getting overwritten by the new track or album I've just added. For example, a few weeks ago I successfully created a fairly large Genesis Playlist saved in my ...\My Playlists\Music\Genesis file following the recommended settings in the MediaPortal Configuration Tools. This involved running various music tracks from various Genesis albums and selecting the Add This Album to Playlist (as Current Playlist) and then going back into the Current Playlist to remove unwanted tracks. Great!

Today, I tried adding a few more tracks to this Genesis playlist but just couldn't do it. i.e. Used the following steps...
  1. Open Genesis playlist and checked that the Current Playlist was the same. It was!
  2. Backed out to the Genesis albums I have in my db.
  3. Opened one that wasn't in my playlist and played a track.
  4. Selected Add This Album to Playlist hoping that it would be appended to the end of my Genesis Current Playlist but it wasn't. i.e. Current Playlist was cleared and the new album was the only item in the Current Playlist.
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to append tracks to an existing Music Playlist? So frustrating that I can't get this working. Guess I could create a new Playlist and then cut-and-paste at the playlist file level, but there must be a better way??

Let me know if you require a log-file to figure this one out.
Regards, Rob

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That's exactly how it should work.
    And in fact it is working here.

I am loading my existing playlist and add albums or singkle tracks at the end of it and then i save it with the same name.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    I guess that there must be some difference in my setup/config that's preventing my music playlists from working as they should. I've attached some screen-shots of my MP config app for the Music option hoping that you can spot some obvious problem. Can you have a look and let me know?
    music-nowplayingsettings20141011.jpg
    music-nowplayingsettings20141011.jpg

Attachments

• music-playersettings20141011.jpg
      music-playersettings20141011.jpg
      82.5 KB
    • music-playlistsettings20141011.jpg
      music-playlistsettings20141011.jpg
      73.3 KB
    • music-playsettings20141011.jpg
      music-playsettings20141011.jpg
      72.4 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mine looks totally the same
    Please post logs and maybe a screenshot from within MP, so that i see exactly what you're doing.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    Found a way around my problem. Instead of playing a track and selecting "Add this album to playlist" (resulting in the over-write of the "current playlist") I selected "Queue all items" at the album/track-listing level. ...and it worked! Thanks for you offer of help hwahrmann. ...even though this may not be the official method, it works so I'm happy with it.

Update: Spoke too soon - now have same current playlist over-wite with the above solution as well, including multiple entries of some tracks. However, I shut down MP1 session, re-opened it and then successfully managed to add the new album (and a few more besides) to the current playlist. Something very strange going on here!

I've attached logs and screen-shots, below, for for the Add this album to playlist method.

Screeenshots sequence:
    1. Open Genesis playlist (MP1MusicPlaylists01) - 1st track starts playing. Stop track playing.
    2. Navigate to Current Playlist to show it's still in context. Note "7/7" pages in bottom right corner. (MP1MusicPlaylists02)
    3. Navigate to Genesis album list to add Abacab album. (MP1MusicPlaylists03)
    4. Select play of 1st Abacab track and use remote Info button to select Add this album to Playlist (MP1MusicPlaylists04)
    5. Navigate back up to Abacab track listing, then to Menu and Current Playlist (MP1MusicPlaylists05)
    6. Display Current Playlist which is only for Abacab album - note duplicate track entries such as "Another Record" and "Like it or Not" (MP1MusicPlaylists06)
    Hope this info helps find the problem and a solution - very frustrating!

Attachments

• MP1MusicPlaylists01.jpg
      MP1MusicPlaylists01.jpg
      107.3 KB
    • MP1MusicPlaylists02.jpg
      MP1MusicPlaylists02.jpg
      109.7 KB
    • MP1MusicPlaylists03.jpg
      MP1MusicPlaylists03.jpg
      132.6 KB
    • MP1MusicPlaylists04.jpg
      MP1MusicPlaylists04.jpg