Music plugin and cover album+database (1 Viewer)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

I have some issues about music plugin.

First, I have my folder album organized in this way: a folder containing tracks album and album art like cover, back cover, disc image and one artist image.
The main cover album I usually call it cover.jpg and not folder.jpg.
MP sees always folder.jpg to create thumbnails, is there a way to change it to cover.jpg?

Second one I didn't understand which are sites from which MP creates fanart for music and lyrics.
I have some problem because american singers find 'em all, instead it does not find anything for italian singers. So if I had the chance to add new sites maybe I could have images for italians.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Second one I didn't understand which are sites from which MP creates fanart for music and lyrics.
    Media portal itself is not able to find fanart for music. Only with the help of the Fanart Handler plugin.
    Fanart Handler plugin uses sites for Artist Fanart:
    - Fanart.TV
    - htBackdrops (currently offline) :(

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    For the first issue I read yet this options:

• *.png, *.jpg (prefers 'front' cover) - Default: off
      This option uses whatever .png or .jpg file MediaPortal may find in the same folder as the track in question. If one of these files is named "front", it will be given preference.
    • folder.jpg - Default: off
      An easy way to use cover art is to put the cover art in the same folder as the music file(s) and name it folder.jpg. MediaPortal will use this folder for cover art. Disable this if you have added cover art to your ID3 Tags, or if you let MediaPortal scan your iPod.
    I tried to set it up putting first one to on and second one to off ... but it did not work ... maybe MP needs some time to make an entire scan.
    I have embedded cover art in every file, so that in the track list view it works, but in the album view (I usually use folder view due to every album is organized in folder and inside every folder I put the album tracks) I see the default red hard disk icon.

I will check better this evening.

For the second issue is a pity we cannot modify the site used by fanart handler .... maybe a good request for future releases?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For the second issue is a pity we cannot modify the site used by fanart handler .... maybe a good request for future releases?
    It remains to find a site with fanart. :whistle::coffee:
    I tried to set it up putting first one to on and second one to off ... but it did not work ... maybe MP needs some time to make an entire scan.
    Rescan Music DB manualy ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom