Music Sorting (folder/file instead of tags?) (1 Viewer)

ChaseMe3

Portal Member
July 15, 2006
Is there a way in MP to sort via folders rather than tags? I ask because I have my whole library broken down in a format of \artist\album\track. Like most people I have around 6k of music files so a tag method is a HUGE mess. I'm sure this has been asked before but phpbb searching is a joke and I've come up empty. Any help would be appreciated!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    In My Music select Shares view, this will give you the hard disk sorted view.

Regards
    Roy

ChaseMe3

Portal Member
    July 15, 2006
    Perfect thanks! I have another quicky, can MP use album art as a .jpg in the folder of the artist and or album? Basically I have each albums cover art int he folder with the tracks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can use folder.jpg in those folder you want to have a picture shown in My Music

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hehehe,
    Yeah, but it is worth it. So nice to look at when it's sorted with pictures, Artist \ Album...

Regards
    Roy

ChaseMe3

Portal Member
    July 15, 2006
    For sure, already have a great app and am plugging away at it. Thanks for the quick help, love this app and community so far.

shagster

Portal Member
    July 10, 2006
    United Kindom
    I have my mp3's organised in a similar way to ChaseMe3.
    Is there anyway of being able to search when using the shares view against part of the folder / filename?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi All,

If you have such a sort, why not use utilities to tag your files correctly? e.g. mp3tag will take your path & filename info and store it into the tags. Then you can use mp to browse happily around with different views and search for parts of an album / artist etc...?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I only use shares view because it is a lot cleaner (especially because of various artist albums screwing up the database view) and I never feel the need to play anything either than entire artist collections or entire albums, and a simple /Artist/Album/ folder setup allows for both of these actions without fiddling with tags, etc. I never think things like "I want to listen to genre x" or "I want to listen to music from 1995", so I am happy with my setup and shares view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom