h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Philips 32"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI, audio via SPDIF

Recently I installed Windows 7 x64 on my HTPC, instead of Windows XP. I also installed MediaPortal.
When I play music in MediaPortal, the music stutters for very short periods during playback. When I play videos there is no problem. Today I found a topic with the same problem (however, in German): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/musik-cd-mp3-484/hilfe-musikwiedergabe-stottert-83493/#post628861
This user has the same problem as I do. As suggested in this topic, I changed the resolution to 1280x800 and the problem disappears, so it seems to have to do with the video card. The user in the topic replaces his videocard in order to solve the problem, however that is not a preferred solution for me, as I am quite satisfied with my set-up. However, I would like to be able to run MediaPortal using 1920x1080 and also play music.
I have tried to change the refresh rate, but this does not help.
Has anyone had the same problem and if yes, how did you solve it? Thanks in advance.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Music stutters in 1080p

Hi.
    I recommand you an Frametest with your settings. Play music an press shift+1 to show the framerate of MP. I guess it will go down to 12 fps ore near by. Go back to the default skin and test it again. There will be a higher framerate and less breaks in sound, isn't it?. This was exactly the reason for me to kick out my GA-MA78GM-S2H and change to a more powerful platform. Theres absolutly not enough power with you onboard graphic with Win7 and modern skin.

In_The_Aire

June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    quake2rambo, Thanks! This did the trick. Using my current skin (Black Glass) I got 17~20 fps, while using Blue3wide I got about 38 fps and no stutters :)
    Now I will have to decide whether to accept a less nice skin or to buy a new video card.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Music stutters in 1080p

Hi.
    A more powerful graphics card could be an option. Good luck ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom