Music, switch view to Artist from Share but not much appears? (1 Viewer)

Karson

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
I got MP up and running this afternoon and so far I'm loving how much more responsive it is than MCE! I imported my 20k song music collection, and when my view is set to Shares everything is fine, but when I switch to Artists I only see artists whose stuff I've played in MP (i.e. so far I've only played some Bjork and Elbow in MP, and those are the only artists that show up). I've clicked all kinds of options but I can't find a way to show ALL the artists in my collection, can someone tell me what I need to do to display all the artists? Thanks in advance!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Did you import your shares?
    Start Mediaportal Configuration -> Music -> Music Database.
    If you have organised your music collection in a way, that Albums are in their own directory, make sure that you check the "Treat tracks in individual ...." and the "Scan albums for various artists"
    then do "Update database from selected shares"

if your files are tagged correctly, they wiull appear in the respective views.

Karson

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Did you import your shares?
    Start Mediaportal Configuration -> Music -> Music Database.
    If you have organised your music collection in a way, that Albums are in their own directory, make sure that you check the "Treat tracks in individual ...." and the "Scan albums for various artists"
    then do "Update database from selected shares"

if your files are tagged correctly, they wiull appear in the respective views.

I probably didn't check the Scan Artists button and just assumed that was going to happen by importing my music database. I'll check when I get home and thanks for the tip, I know how frustrating it can be to deal with noobs like me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom