Music videos and trailers (1 Viewer)

Yorotor

Portal Member
August 9, 2007
I'm beginning to wonder if it's not because we are located in Europe...
you are in Belgium, i'm in France...
But that doesn't only happen when the location is set to FR in the plugin, same thing happens when using US or UK.

Don't know if you tried that, but when extracting the mms link from the log file and pasting it in WMP, I have the same problem...

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I just watched a trailer that I first watched in MP (choppy) on the site of Yahoo and there it didn't stutter ones, I also checked another one to be sure the first one wasn't buffered and that one also played perfect so it must be something about buffering in MP...

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Also had this problem, but recently bought a new 802.11n router and NIC, and now I can watch musicvids in 768 kbps without any stuttering. Had to run the vids at 300kbps with my 54g router/NIC to get a smooth playback..

So this might be hardware related. How do you guys connect your MPPC to the internet, wireless or directly with cable?

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I am using wireless, but I always have a fast connection and never have any stuttering problems out of MP...

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    I have a 24/24 MBit fibre connection here in holland and also have some small stuttering most of the times. Just big enough to be irritating, in musicvideos it sounds like it tries to keep up every 10 seconds.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I am going to try this out and let you know if it worked. I really hope so because this problem is very irritating!

Yorotor

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Hi, folks

I came here a while ago to share my problem of slutterring.
    Well I have new information, quite a strange one...
    I just bought a wireless dongle for my desktop and when i connect to another internet provider than mine i.e. another wireless network, musicvideos plugin inside works smoothly. Even if with my own network the signal is much stronger and the bandwidth is broader.
    So this prooves that its not computer-related but... Well I don't know, on connecting on both network, playing videos directly from yahoo music videos site works perfectly, so the problem seems to come from Mediaportal...

I'll try to use the other core.dll and come back to say what came out of this.

Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom